Chapter 7. Teasing... Lots of teasing

A month after Skulker's visit, everyone and everything was back to a seeming balance and peace and quiet. But it was bound to change, and harshly.

FENTON'S HOUSE

"Dan! Come down to breakfast NOW!" Maddie Fenton yelled, stomping her foot on the floor.

"Coming!" The teen's loud and deep voice boomed through the house, almost shaking the walls.

As he entered the kitchen, backpack slung on his shoulder, the rest of the family except for Jack was sitting around the table, eating their breakfast, bags ready.

Sitting at the dining table, Dan dropped his backpack on the floor on accident, making a dull thud resonate in the kitchen.

"What the heck did you put in that backpack, dude?" Danny sized the teen across from him wearily.

"Chill. Just a few trinkets, 's all." Dan dismissed his little brother.

"A few trinkets? Are you sure big bro? It sounded like it weighed a ton!" Dani chirped from beside him.

"Actually, it's as light as a feather, sis."

"Well, as long as you don't complain about the weight, it's okay." Maddie stepped into the room, cutting the discussion off.

Dan finished his breakfast and took his dishes to the sink, washing them and placing them on the counter to dry.

"Kids! Come help me pack the Fenton Shuttle!" Jack's voice sounded from the lab.

Grabbing his backpack, Dan headed down to the lab, but after the first two steps, he turned around.

"Jazz, make sure to grab a couple first aid kits, and something to stitch wounds. Dani, stay and help mom with food. Danny, you are coming with me." He told his siblings, and his sisters ran off doing what he said.

As the two brothers ran down the stairs to help their father, the latter was busy tinkering with a scary satellite-looking weapon.

"Uh... Dad? What's that?" Danny voiced the thought both brothers had the moment they saw the weapon.

"Oh! Danny-boy! This is the Fenton ghost shield! It's supposed to detect and slowly weaken ghosts in a mile-wide radius! But I can't get it to work..." Jack's excited voice and grin slightly scared Danny.

"Uhh... dad? Did you think about us halfas?" Dan asked wearily.

"Oh! Right! I'll add that to the programming! Thanks!" Jack smacked his forehead, making Danny roll his eyes.

"Dad, we'll be loading the shuttle, okay?"

"Sure thing, Danny-boy!" Jack's face split in a wide grin.

Dan was already loading pillows, sleeping bags and weapons on the shuttle.

"Hey Dan, here are the first aid kits." Jazz bumped his shoulder with her hip, since he was crouching on the floor, placing a sleeping bag under each seat.

Dan just hummed in response, standing up and grabbed the stack of medical supplies, putting them away.

"Bro?" Dani's voice sounded from up the stairs.

"Yes, Dani?"

"Can we put the food in? It's ready!" Maddie's voice answered.

"Sure!" Dan then took the toolbox and his phone, tucking a flashlight inside a pocket and crawled underneath the Shuttle.

Dialing Tucker's number, he placed the phone between his ear and his shoulder.

"Hey dude. Called to place the extreme GPS and protection chip?" Tucker's voice sounded eagerly at the other side.