Chapter 5. Mistakes and pleas

When the group exited the school after an eventful day, the girls chattering away, a crash sounded in the distance, followed by screams of terror.

"What was that?" Sophie asked, looking around.

"Nothing good for sure." Tucker said with a worried face.

Danny looked at his siblings and nodded, receiving a nod back, and transformed into his ghost half.

"Do you guys need help?"

There was a moment of silence, which was slowly becoming uncomfortable. Luckily, the oldest Fenton broke it, nodding.

"Yeah, sure. We could need another halfa in our group." He said in a lower voice.

Sophie grinned and ran behind into an alleyway to transform.

Purplish-black rings appeared on her waistline, one then going upwards, revealing the top of a very dark, almost black, purple jumpsuit, with a silver emblem of a flaming S and a P, the other ring going down, revealing the bottom of the jumpsuit and silver 3-inch-heeled combat boots.

Whooping, she ran over to the rest of the teens, somersaulting over Dani while booping her nose and landing in the middle, right in front of Dan.

As the boys looked her over, Danny softly smiled and Tucker wolf-whistled.

"Tucker! You've got a girlfriend!" Danny elbowed him, eyes widened.

"Yeah, I have, but look at your brother" Tucker chuckled.

"Tuck, you idiot, now's not the time!" Sam, Danny and Jazz exclaimed, Sam flicking the Afro-American on the head.

"Ow! Okay, okay, jeez. Sorry!" Tucker nursed the spot Sam hit.

"You better be, Tucker." Dan's voice was full of annoyance.

"Guys? Shouldn't we go and fight whatever that thing is?" Dani said.

"Leave them be, let's go. They'll catch up. Eventually." Sophie beckoned Dani over and took her hand, turning invisible and teleporting to the place of the attack.

The 'thing' terrorizing the town turned out to be Skulker, the ghost hunter.

Turning visible again, Sophie took a step towards the ghost, no longer holding Dani's hand.

"Skulker?" She asked, knocking on the metal back of the ghost.

"Wha-Plasmius?" Skulker turned around to face the now blue-haired girl.

"Yep!" She chirped with a cheeky grin.

"Vlad did tell me you were moving here... When did you arrive?" Skulker placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Hands off the girl, Skulker!" Danny's voice sounded behind the two before a toxic green blast threw the hunter back a few feet.

"Danny, no! He didn't hurt me! I was just talking to him!" Sophie defended.

More crowd surrounded the ghosts, while the rest of Team Phantom arrived.

Suddenly there were guns and hands with charged ectoblasts pointing at the hunter ghost.

"No! Don't you dare hurt him! Don't you dare hurt my-my friend!" The guns were lowered down, so were two out of three hands.

"Dan, please lower your hand and let me speak to him. I may even try to negotiate with him about leaving the Ghost Zone, but please, just lower your hand." Sophie's voice held a note of plea, and her gaze was soft as she was looking at the eldest Phantom.