Chapter 51: Once in a lifetime

Start from the beginning

"Justin, you're amazing." Scooter said. My mom nodded in agreement.

"Amazing?" I asked in a confused tone. They both nodded.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Your singing." they said in unison.

Looking at them confused, I thought, 'They heard me singing?' Then I remembered the whispers I heard outside the door. Was that them? I looked at them with a smirk.

"So you were eavesdropping?" I asked jokingly. They both nodded. I glanced back at Selena. She was just sitting there in her bed, staring at us with curiousity. She had a slight smile on her face. She looked confused. I looked back at Scooter and my mom.

"So? I was just singing." I said while turning around. I went back over to the chair I was sitting in earlier. Moving the guitar, I leaned it against the wall. Dragging the chair closer to Selena's bed, I sat down. Scooter and my mom followed me over to her bed.

"Justin I was talking to your mom. And she agreed to let me sign you." Scooter said. I looked at him confused.

"Sign me to what?" I asked.

"To my label so we can showcase your talents." he said. I looked over at my mom.

"Mom I don't want to do this." I admitted.

"But Justin you're so amazing! Why wouldn't you want to do this?" she asked. 'Why would I not want to? Don't get me started!' I thought.

"Mom this sounds like fame. I don't want that. I tried doing this movie and you saw what it did to mine and Selena's relationship. I don't want to." I whined. My mom and Scooter looked at me with disappointment. Selena took my hand. I looked at her and half smiled.

"Justin, you have to listen to me. You're talented. We need to show this to the world." Scooter said.

"No. I don't want that." I argued.

"Kid hear me out." Scooter begged. 'Quit calling me that.' I thought angrily.

"Can you guys please just go?" I asked. My mom left the room. I let go of Selena's hand. Scooter took something out of his pocket then handed it to me. I looked at the business card.

"Look I'm gonna go. But if you change your mind." Scooter said. I rolled my eyes as Scooter left the room. Tossing the business card onto her bed, she looked at me with concern. I avoided looking Selena in the eyes, I knew she was going to ask questions.

"Babe you okay?" Selena asked. I looked over at her.

"All I wanted to do is sing you a song and-" Selena cut me off.

"And that's what you did." she assured with a smile. Sighing, I had no idea that they were listening. I really should have closed the door. Then Scooter wouldn't have heard me sing and wouldn't ask to sign me. Either way, I knew I wasn't going to do it.

Selena's P.O.V.

Justin grabbed Scooter's business card off the edge of my bed. I straightened my back. He got up from his seat and walked over to the door.

"Babe what are you doing?" I asked. Justin stopped in front of a trash can. He went to the side of it and looked at me.

"Throwing his card away, I don't want this." he admitted.

"Justin no! You can't throw an amazing opportunity away! It only happens once in a lifetime." I said. Justin smirked.

"Watch me." he said while throwing the card into the trash can.

"Justin you're amazing. You need to do this." I said. He rolled his eyes. He walked over to the guitar and picked it up. He walked back across the room and put the guitar in it's case.

"I can't believe you're siding with them." he said angrily.

"I'm not." I argued. He picked the guitar case up.

"Justin where are you going?" I asked.

"Just back to my mom. Hopefully she won't try talking me into doing this." he said angrily.

"I wasn't trying to-"

"Selena I gotta go. I'll be back." he said then left the room.

I groaned then thought, 'Well excuse me for trying to be supportive.' A doctor walked into the room. 'Perfect timing.' I thought sarcastically.

"Hello Selena. How are you?" he asked. Shrugging, I thought, 'How am I supposed to feel? I have a huge scar on my head and my boyfriend and I just got into a fight.'

He came over to me and examined the scar on my head. My head was throbbing a little. He was making me anxious. Looking at the top of the sheet on my bed, I cleared my throat. He laughed under his breathe.

"So how does it look?" I asked while the pain in my head grew more.

"You got hit pretty bad, and have a few bruises on your back. Your head could be in better condition. But I'm pretty sure you'll be able to leave today," he said then stopped examining my head. Sighing with relief, I was so happy that I was going to be leaving the hospital today.

The pain in my head began to slightly fade. "Okay thanks," I said.

 "Oh by the way, they told me to give you your phone back. They found it at the scene of the accident." he said while handing me my phone. I took my phone and nodded.

He quickly left the room. I clicked the home key of my phone; all missed calls from my mom. I rolled my eyes. All I could think about was Justin, so I texted him.

Me: Justin you honestly can't be mad at me. I mean this would be a great opportunity for you. I mean we just got out of a fight and the last thing I want it for us to be in a fight again. So please come back to my room. I'm sorry.

Justin: I'm sorry. Overreacting again. I'll be there soon. Just got to take care of something ;)

Me: Okay love you!

Justin: Love you too! Again sorry for overreacting