Chapter 43: Not now

Justin's P.O.V.

Looking at my parents, who were sitting across the table, they were just staring at me with blank faces. I looked over at Selena and took her hand and squeezed it quickly. Leaning in closer to her, I began to whisper in her ear.

"This isn't as special as I wanted it to be." I whispered. Selena turned her head and whispered into my ear, "Babe just being here here at the Eiffel Tower with you is special."

Smiling, I moved back over and looked around the room. Everyone was sitting around with the same facial expression; boredom. I figured everyone was just bored because Barbara wasn't here, and my dad refused to start the introduction without her. 'Should I text her?' I thought.

"Justin." my dad said. I looked over at him.

"Yeah?" I asked with some worry in my voice.

"Where's Barbara?" he asked. My dad looked down at his phone then began texting. I shrugged. How was I supposed to know?

"Well text her." my dad demanded while keeping his eyes locked on his phone.

"Why don't you? You're already texting." I said. My dad's screen went black. He picked it up off the table and looked at me angrily. 'What? I didn't do anything to your phone.' I thought.

"I can't. My phone just died." my dad said in an annoyed tone.

"That must be torture for you." I chuckled. Selena giggled under her breathe.

"Just text her." he demanded. Unwillingly, I pulled my phone out and texted her.

Me: Hey my dad wants to know where you're at. So where are you?

Barbara: Stuck in traffic

Me: How long do you think you'll be?

Barbara: I don't know! Why don't you ask your mom!

Me: My mom?

Barbara: Yeah she's the reason why I'm late!

Me: Stop blaming my mom! I know my mom and she wouldn't do that!

Barbara: Well obviously you don't know her then

Me: Just get here; quick

Barbara: Whatever

Quickly, I put my phone back in my pocket. Barbara was right about my mom messing with the time she was supposed to come at. But I wasn't going to admit that. My dad stared at me with worry in his eyes.

"Well?" he asked.

"She'll be here soon." I replied. My dad slumped in his chair. I didn't exactly know how long it was going to be. All I knew was that it was soon. Getting up from my seat, Selena took my hand and followed me. We went over to the exit of the tent that we were in. Selena squeezed my hand. We both stopped. I turned my head and looked straight into her eyes.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

Selena's P.O.V.

Justin had a huge smile on his face. Tilting my head, I looked at him with curiousity. "Where are we going?" I asked.

Justin turned his whole body so he was facing me. He took my other hand. One of his fingers laid on top of my J-ring. He squeezed my hand a little. "Babe we're under the Eiffel Tower." he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well duh! That's where your dad wanted the party at." I said while laughing. Justin rolled his brown eyes.

"Look up." he demanded. I looked at him confused.

"Just look up." he repeated. Tilting my head back, I looked up.

"What do you see?" he asked. I examined the top of the tent.

"Just the top of a big white tent." I replied then looked back at Justin.

"Exactly. That's why I'm taking you out there. We didn't come to the Eiffel Tower to see a big white tent. We came to see it." he said. I smiled. Justin let go of one of my hands, then we began to walk out of the exit. People began to talk and get up from their seats.

Yanking on Justin's hand, I stopped in the exit. Justin let go of my hand then turned back around. "What you don't want to see the Eiffel Tower?" he asked.

"No! No! Trust me I do! But I think that something is happening inside." I said. Justin looked at me confused. He gently pushed past me and went through the doorway and back into the tent. Following behind him, I thought,'What was all the commotion about?'

Everyone was rushing to be around the entrance. Justin and I stood back to avoid the crowd. "What's happening?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just wish it would have happened later. Not now." Justin said, and I nodded in agreement. The crowd formed onto two sides. There was a big gap in between them on both sides.

Going onto my tiptoes, I saw someone coming through the doorway. Everyone pulled out their phones and cameras. This was more like a press conference, not a promotion party. Well now that I thought about it, it was the same thing. They came through the doorway.

Barbara strutted in and acted like the star of the show. I rolled my eyes. All she was wearing was a short white chiffon dress and white heels.

"Barbara! Barbara!" everyone yelled. She just smiled at everyone and acted like she wasn't even late. I couldn't believe her. Why couldn't she have come later? Barbara struck a few poses then laid her eyes on me and Justin. She signaled for us to come over.

Looking at her confused, I wondered, why did she want me to come? I rolled my eyes. Justin took my hand and began leading me over there. Unwillingly, I followed behind Justin. 'Like seriously Barbara. Any other time. Just not now.' I thought.