Chapter 17:Lunch Plans

Selena's P.O.V.

Pattie and I walked off set and got into a car. The car ride was short and awkward. Once we got out of the car, I looked at the restaurant. It was so beautiful and fancy. Honestly, I didn't know why Pattie invited me to lunch with her. I have never had, had one-on-one time with her. So I didn't know if this was going to be good or bad.

Pattie and I entered the restaurant. "Hello table for two?" the host asked. 'Oh finally someone who speaks a language I understand.' I thought. "Yes." Pattie replied. The host grabbed two menus and escorted us to the dining area. Pattie and I took our seats as they handed us our menus. "Your waiter will be here shortly." they said then walked off.

Opening the menu, my eyes widened and I smiled. The menu was all in English. "Find something you like?" Pattie asked while laughing. Lowering my menu, I looked over at her. "No, just relieved it is all in English." I said with a smile. Pattie nodded, as I brought my menu back up. "Everything looks so good," she said. I nodded in agreement.

Looking over at the specials, at the top of the specials were snails. I busted out laughing. "What's so funny?" Pattie asked. Closing my menu, I put it back down on the table. "Last time I ordered, I got snails without knowing. And the snails reminded me of Justin's facial expression when I ate the snails." I said while laughing. Pattie joined in, then we stopped laughing. Maybe this wasn't going to be as awkward as I thought.

The waiter took our menus once we were done ordering. Looking over at Pattie, I could tell she had something to say. "Thanks for coming with me," she said with a smile. "Anytime." I replied. Looking down at the table, I couldn't stop thinking about Justin being out with Barbara. How could Jeremy send Justin out with her?

Clenching my fist, I felt something in my hand. Bringing my other hand to the object in my hand, I began to crumple it. Crumpling it, I began to tear it into pieces. Letting go of what I ripped up, my hands continued to try and tear it up. Looking down at what I ripped up, I thought, 'Oops.', while looking at the napkin.

"Thinking about Justin?" Pattie asked. Looking at Pattie, I put my hand on the table. "How did you know?" I asked. Pattie had a look on her face that read: really? The waiter set our food down in front of us. "Thank you." Pattie and I said simultaneously. I dug my fork into my pasta.

"I see the look in your eyes when you see him. It't just amazing. He has the same look on his face when he sees you or when anyone says your name." Pattie said. Slurping some of my noodles, I now knew why Pattie had brought me out to lunch; to talk about Justin. Honestly, I could talk about Justin forever.

But not now. I didn't want him on my mind right now. Since every time I thought of him, I just thought of him out with Barbara,

After I finished chewing, I swallowed then admitted, "I really love him." Pattie swallowed then said, "I actually invited you to this lunch to talk about Justin." 'Oh well I guess I will have to think about him and Barbara.' I thought. Swallowing, I then asked, "What about Justin?" Pattie set her fork down.

"I wanted to know how you felt about him being an actor, and him having to connect with Barbara." Pattie said. Dropping my fork into my pasta, I blushed then quickly took it out and moved it to the side of my plate. Just hearing Barbara's name made me fill with jealousy. Knowing I could tell the truth to Pattie, I was still afraid of what she might think of me, if I said the truth.

"I think it's great how Justin's going to be an actor." I said. Pattie smiled then said, "But honestly he didn't do great today. I love him and all, and I know it was his first day. But it wasn't that good." Pattie and I both laughed. After our laughter died down, I picked up my fork and dug it into the pasta.

"So how do you feel about Barbara?" she asked curiously. Rolling my eyes, I answered, "She's nice and all but......" I said hesitantly. Pattie looked me in the eyes then said, "Selena I promise what ever you tell me, I won't tell anyone else." Pattie was so convincing and loving.

Now I knew I could trust her. Why had I been so hesitant with her? It wasn't even a big deal. It was just an opinion on someone. Plus it was a little more than obvious that there was tension between Barbara and I.

"Honestly Pattie, I hate her. I know she wants Justin for herself. And it sucks that he has to kiss her. Plus I can't stop thinking about where they are and what they are doing. I mean I trust Justin, but I don't trust her." I admitted. Pattie nodded in agreement. She didn't judge me or argue with anything that I was saying.

"Selena I'm going to tell you this, because I care about your's and Justin's relationship." Pattie began. 'Pattie cared about mine and Justin's relationship? She's so sweet!' I thought. Patiently, I waited for Pattie to say something. I didn't have an idea about what she was going to say, but I'm glad she is going to tell me.

"Barbara's the one who wanted to hire Justin. Not Jeremy. He lied about wanting a closer to Justin." Pattie admitted. My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe Barbara, but I mostly couldn't believe Jeremy had lied to Justin. Rolling my eyes from annoyance, I couldn't believe them.

"But why would Barbara want Justin? Why did she want him so bad?" I asked. Did I even hear what I just said? Remembering back, I remember the first time I had talked to Justin in the library. I wanted him so bad, and I'm so glad that he is my boyfriend now. Barbara made it more than clear that she wanted Justin. But Justin was all mine.

Pattie shrugged then admitted, "She was just very demanding during the auditions. She threatened to leave the movie unless Jeremy hired Justin." 'What a diva.' I thought. "I can't believe her." I said. 

"Well you know actresses always divas." Pattie said. "I know right." I said. Pattie and I both laughed then continued eating.

Justin's P.O.V.

My dad sent Barbara and I to a restaurant. Getting out of the car, I saw paparazzi begin to swarm around the car. 'What are they here for?' I thought. Looking over at Barbara, I saw she was eating up the attention. Rolling my eyes, I saw Barbara begin to pose for them. 'How could she enjoy this?' I thought. Barbara blew a kiss to them. She was acting like this was the red carpet.

"Barbara how is the new movie going?" A paparazzi shouted. Barbara moved closer to me and grabbed my hand. She then placed her lips on my cheek. "Amazing!" Barbara exclaimed while looking at me. Taking my hand out of her's, I quickly pushed past the paparazzi and began to rush into the restaurant.

"Barbara is that your new boyfriend?" a paparazzi shouted. 'You better say no.' I thought. "Barbara who is he?" a paparazzi asked. Barbara stopped posing for pictures then rushed into the restaurant.

Barbara ran up to me and asked angrily, "What is your problem?" Turning away from her I thought, 'What's my problem? More like what is your problem?' Barbara walked over and stood in front of me.

"My problem is that I don't want to be here with you. I want to be with my girlfriend at the Eiffel Tower." I whined. Barbara rolled her eyes. Avoiding to look in her eyes, all I could think was, 'Why am I here?' I didn't want to do this movie, but I could tell my dad wanted me to do this movie.

Barbara took my hand, and I tried to take my hand out of her's. But Barbara had a tight grip. Looking at her with annoyance, I thought, 'Let go of my hand.' Barbara gripped my hand tighter. She put her other hand on my chest, and I began to feel uncomfortable.

"Okay then let's go to the Eiffel Tower." Barbara said. 'Was she serious? I wanted to do that with my girlfriend.' I thought. Taking my hand out of her's I said, "Barbara that's nice of you. But I really want to go to the Eiffel Tower with Selena."

Barbara rolled her eyes then said,"Well just forget about Selena right now. We need to connect, remember?" Rolling my eyes, I couldn't believe her. There was no way I was forgetting about Selena. She took my hand and lead me more into the restaurant. I had no idea how I was supposed to connect with Barbara. There was no way I wanted to, but I knew I had to try.

Sighing, I didn't want to be here with Barbara. I only wanted to be with Selena. Oh well this was just for one day anyways. Right?