Chapter 34: Biggest Mistake

Justin's P.O.V.

Closing the front door behind me, my eyes were puffy from all the crying I had done. Rubbing my eyes, I hoped it would help the puffiness go down. I quit rubbing my eyes then went over to the couch and sat down. Hearing footsteps come down from the stairs, I sniffled then rubbed my eyes.

"Justin?" my mom asked. Taking my hands off my eyes, I sniffled again. My mom walked over to the couch and stopped in front of me. Looking up at her, she sighed. She sat down on the couch, and I angled my body so I was facing her. Her facial expression showed that she was worried.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" she asked. Looking down at the floor, I shook my head.

"I don't want to talk about." I mumbled. My mom sighed then took my hand. Looking up, I looked into her eyes.

"Justin, I know something is hurting you. I know you don't want to talk about it, but most of the time it helps with the pain." my mom explained. I guess it would help to talk about it. Sniffling, a tear ran down my cheek. Taking my mom's hand out of mine, I wiped the tear off my face, then I put my hand down next to my mom's.

Looking at her, her facial expression read: Justin-just-tell-me-already. Taking a deep breathe, my mom looked concerned. I had no idea if Selena was out on a date with that guy or not. But even if she was out on a date with that guy; I went out with Barbara. 'Why am I such an idiot?' I thought. Was this the end of mine and Selena's relationship?

"Why am I such an idiot?" I cried. My mom's facial expression changed from concerned to sad.

"Sweetie, you're not an idiot." my mom said. 'Here comes the tears.' I thought. Tears rushed from my eyes, and streamed down my cheeks.

"Mom yes I am. I just made the biggest mistake of my life." I cried. Bringing my hands up to my face, I cupped them over my eyes. I've never cried this much before; I didn't want my mom to see me like this. My mom rubbed my back.

"Justin what happened?" she asked with concern.

"M-Mom I-I ch-cheated on Selena. I went o-out with Bar-Barbara and and and I f-feel so so b-bad." I cried. My mom stopped rubbing my back. She then took my hands off my face, and I looked over at her. Now she looked disappointed.

"Sweetie it was a mistake and it's obvious you know what you did was wrong." my mom said. I sniffled and tears continued to run down my face.

"B-But mom, I-It was a mistake. So so I st-stopped doing what I w-was do-doing with Ba-Barbara. I-I went to to go s-see Sel-Selena and she was wi-with another g-guy." I cried. My mom wrapped her arms around me then quickly let go of me. She put each of her hands on one of my shoulders then looked straight into my eyes. 

"Justin listen to me. What you did was wrong." my mom said. Nodding in agreement, I wasn't even sure why I did what I did. How could I have done this? It's like I wanted for my relationship with Selena to be ruined.

"But Justin if you really love Selena and still want to be with her, then tell her what happened. You'll tell her because you love her." my mom explained. Seeing the look in my mom's eyes, she was dead serious.

Nodding, I agreed,"I will." Wiping the tears off my face, my mom then took her hands off my shoulders. My mom then got up from the couch.

"Wait where are you going?" I asked.

"To talk to your father." she said seriously. My mom then walked up the stairs angrily. A door from upstairs slammed shut. Wiping my eyes more, I took a deep breathe. I had no idea how I was going to tell Selena this. It's not exactly something you want to tell someone. Especially someone you are in a relationship with.