Chapter 51: Once in a lifetime

Selena's P.O.V.

Everything was pitch black. Then I heard a voice. Someone was singing. Their voice was so amazing. At one end I saw a bright light, then at the other, it was pitch black. But the pitch blak was leading to someone singing. The light was tempting. But the voice. It was just so beautiful, I needed follow it.

Going towards the black, I followed the voice. They were singing: everything's gonna be alright. And it all felt like it was. Everything was going to be alright. Reaching the black, I reached out then....

My eyes opened and I saw Justin. He was wearing the outfit from the promotion party. He was playing a guitar and singing! I smiled. 'Justin never told me he sings.' I thought. Then Justin finished singing.

 Justin jumped out of his chair and set the guitar against the chair. He walked over to my bed then took my hand. He had tears in his eyes.

"I wrote that song for you." he cried. Smiling, I thought, 'That's so sweet.'

"I'm sorry about the whole Barbara thing again. I tried to stop her. I felt so bad. I just love you and I want everything to be alright between us." he cried. Taking my other hand, I wiped the tears off his face. Although I was asleep I heard the whole song. I took my hand off Justin's face.

"Like you said; everything's gonna be alright." I said with a smile. Leaning in, I kissed Justin. I forgot everything about Barbara. Obviously Justin knew what happened was wrong. Plus the last thing I wanted to do was break up with Justin.

Feeling pain in my head, I looked around the room and realized where I was. Immediately, I let go of Justin's hand.

"I-I-I-I'm i-in a-a-a-a h-h-hospital?" I asked while stuttering. 'How did I end up here?' I thought. He took my hand and lighlty squeezed it.

The pain in my head became stronger. Bringing my hand hands up to my forehead, I felt a scar near my hairline. There was whispering outside the door.

"Babe you got hit by a car." Justin said. 'Oh, now I remember,' I thought. Then I remembered how much of a jerk I was before I got hit.

He deserved it at the time. I practically broke up with him, yet he still came to the hospital. It was a good thing we were still together. I couldn't imagine my life without him. Justin took his hand out of mine then dug into his pocket.

"I have something of your's." he said sweetly. I smiled at him. Justin pulled the J-ring out of his pocket, then slipped the ring on my ring finger. As he let go of my hand, I looked straight into his eyes.

"Justin you got the ring?" I asked.

"Of course. I wasn't going to leave it there." he chuckled. I joined in until I heard footsteps.

Both of our heads turned to look at the doorway. There was Pattie and a man. Looking at him confused, I thought, 'Who is he?' They both had the same look on their face. The face that showed they were amazed. 'What's going on?' I thought. Turning my head, I looked at Justin. He looked at the man and his mom. 'Did he know what was going on?' I thought.

"Mom? Scooter? What are you guys doing in here?" Justin asked curiously. They just stared at him in awe. Justin walked away from my bed and over to his mom and Scooter. I looked at Scooter confused. 'How did Justin know him?' I thought.

Justin's P.O.V.

Looking at my mom annoyed, I asked, "Mom what are you doing here?" She  still had an amazed look on her face.

"Mom." I groaned. Looking at Scooter, he had the same facial expression as my mom.

"Scooter. What are doing in here?" I asked.