•yeah its confusing•

Start from the beginning

The lady helping him was short and had to keep tip-toeing to get things from the top shelf.

I offered a hand and took it down for her.I was pretty tall.

"Um,can you set him up?I really need to use the bathroom."She pleaded,shaking her legs.

I laughed."Sure."

Renton grinned at me as I came over.

I wrapped my hands around his waist and helped him on the bed.

"Thanks."

"No problem,Preppy."I took off his glasses.He wears them when he needs to read something.

"I hate that you have to help me."Renton replied.

"I dont have to do anything.Its nice having a little control for once.Everything always seems to be out of control."I fluffed his pillow and sat in the chair beside him.

"Like what?"

"Coming here for example.I mean,that girl was bothering me
. If I didn't stick up for myself I would probably be in the hospital right now. I was tired of being tormented. No one should feel that way."I whispered.

"Jan-"

"Okay,I am back.I really thought I was going to burst."The physical therapist rushed over to us.

***

"Jan,youve been acting strange lately."Mom poked at her green peas that Dad had prepared.

He cannot cook to save his life but we dont tell him that.

"Really?"I asked,gulping down my apple cider.I was trying to leave as quick as possible because I was meeting Ryder and Renton at the mall.

My mom gave me a weary look."Yes,sweety.I know you had a hard time adjusting to Florida and we never really talked about it-"

"Mom,I'm okay.Im meeting my friends so um may I leave?"I stuffed the rest of the broccoli in my mouth.

Dad loves vegetables.

"Alright."

"Thanks.I'll be back in a few hours."I grabbed my purse and left.

The only reason I'm even going to the mall is because Ryder thinks I need a new look.Ryder and I were talking and he's decided that my clothing screams 'lost'.

Personally,I throw whatever is in my closet on.Oh well.I guess Im getting new clothes.

"Whats up,Janny.So,Ive picked out three stores I think you would be interested in:Zara,Brandy Melville, and Pacsun.Lets go."Ryder dragged me along to Zara.

No.

It was just an immediate no.

Everything was too expensive and just no.I dont need an explanation for this one.

Then he took me to Pacsun.

I like the jeans.

Then Brandy Melville.

That was it.This was the place I wanted to shop at for the rest of my life.

"Ryder,I think I want to love you."I hugged him before trying on everything in the store.

After a few try-ons,Renton finally came to the mall,and sat with Ry on the waiting benches.

"I like these tights."I jumped up and down like a little kid.

"Stop.Jumping."Renton growled.

I stopped,and looked over at Ryder who was laughing.

"Whats wrong with Mr.Moody over here?"I asked,taking off the tights.

I went back into the dressing room.

"Bro...just tell her...no...you're fucking disgusting...I hope she punches the shit out of you..."Ryder was speaking clearly but Renton was whispering.

I raised my eyebrows coming out.

"Renton,can you come in here for a sec?"I asked,pushing the curtain open.

"I-okay."He shrugged,hopping with me.

I leaned him against the wall so he wouldnt escape.His crutches toppled to the floor.

"What arent you telling me?"I asked.

He stared into my eyes."You don't want to know,Janet-Lee."

It was weird how he said my full name.

"I do wanna know.Please.Why do you look angry?Im confused."

"If you want me to make love to you,all you have to do is ask."He pushed my hair behind my ears.

"F-Renton,what are you talking about?"I asked.

That was the million dollar question.And for a million dollar question you need a million dollars.Something I didn't have.

xoxo nia