Jack and Genji sit across from me as Lena sits beside me with a few other cadets. A server comes by to give us a drink menu and snacks that pair well with alcohol. When the server arrives to me, they flash me a questioning look. 

"Oh, don't worry about giving her a menu. I'll pick something for her." Lena lies as the server nods their head. Once they leave I slouch in my seat. 

"They totally know I'm not of age. Did you see the way they looked at me?" I quietly whine to Lena while everyone chat among themselves. 

Lena clicks her tongue, eyes scanning the menu. "Oh shush. Now tell me what flavor do you like." 

"I'm okay with soda." I mumble out. Lena rolls her eyes. 

The server comes back after a few minutes with some water and she takes everyone's orders. Jack orders up a few appetizers for us to share as we wait for our drinks. 

"What did you end up ordering me?" I whisper to Lena. She winks at me with a smirk.

"Not soda, that's what you should know." Lena says playfully. I purse my lips from her words. Lena joins in on the conversation with the others as I listen to everyone around me. I feel slightly out of my comfort zone as they all celebrate the case that I nearly died from. A few servers arrive with our drinks and one places a pink drink in front of me with a maraschino cheery. 

I look at Lena as she tilts her head, just as confused as I am. 

"I didn't order you that." Lena whispers. Jack clears his throat. 

"I think you'll like this better than whatever crazy alcohol Lena picked for you." Jack says with a small smile before he turns his attention away. Lena frowns instantly at Jack.

"Man, you're no fun boss!" Lena whines out. My cheeks turn a shade pink glancing at the pink drink in front of me. I hesitate to take a sip as I feel Jack sneak a few glances here and there. Placing my lips on the rim of the glass I take a small sip and to my surprise the alcohol is faint. My eyes widening from the surprise.

"Oh." I whisper. Jack turns away with a smile on his face. 

"How is it?" Lena asks as she takes a shot of alcohol very casually. 

"It's not too bad." I say with a smile. 

"Good." Lena says with a grin. She reaches over the table and grabs a slice of pizza. 

I don't notice Genji's gaze on me. He rests his face on his palm while swirling his glass with his other. He speaks soft enough for me to hear. 

"You're not 21 yet are you?" His deep tone alarming me as I look at him. He takes my silence as a yes. His emerald eyes taunt me. "Should I arrest you?" His tone playful and his eyes glimmer. I scrunch my brows. 

Is this what Jack mentioned? That Genji has a horrible mouth? 

"You're quite a girl, cadet Hana." 

Hearing my name from his lips sends me a tingling feeling.

"What other trouble will you get yourself into? I don't think I can save you every time." Genji's tone frightening me as I look at him. I don't dare break eye contact with him. 

I can't let these guys trample all over me forever. And what does he mean 'save me'? Is he saying all those times he's stuck up for me is him 'saving me'?

Genji raises his glass towards me.

"Anyway, cheers to a case closed." Genji looks at my drink, I lift my glass up and the soft clink of our glasses clashing together plays in my ear as the two of us take a sip.