To my surprise, no one even made a move to move from their spot, no one. "Then if you'll all follow me, we have a fight to show up to." The proud, cocky Mikaelson smirk woved it's way onto my face. The group's all cheered, hooting and hollering with joy. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Lead the way, Ms. Mikaelson." A playful but serious voice was heard over the loud voices of my friends and family. Almost immeaditly, everyone's voices quieted and the breathing of the small children was heard clearly. I turned on my heel, now sporting a grin on my face.

The three Voltori kings stood before me, the usual dark cloaks draped over their shoulders. Marcus stood to the left of his brother, Aro. Without a word, I turned back around and confidently made my way into the forest. But I would be saying if I was confident at this moment. To be truthful, I was anything but confident. Like the night before, so many overwhelming emotions coarsing through my body, traveling through my veins. My emotions wouldn't just let me grasp onto one of them and hold on. It felt like my chest was being ripped out and then replaced, then the entire process starting over again. I did my best to mask my fear, my confusion, my sadness. But I didn't dare hide my pride and anger.

A tiny hand gripped mine as I lead the very large group to the clearing. I glanced down to my left side, seeing my daughter all bundled up and clutching my hand. Just as I went to go pick Ally up, a different small hand clutched my right hand. My eyebrows furrowed together as I looked to my right. Claire was already looking up at me with her big innocent eyes. Next thing I know, Nessie grabs Ally's hand and Lizzie and Josie walk up, Josie holding Hope in her arms. Josie grabs Claire's hand and I release my hands from Claire and Ally quickly to place Lizzie up on my shoulders.

Together, the seven of us walk silently to the field. Well, more like me walking and doing all the leading while the girls try to keep up the best they can. I hear the flash of a camera followed by awes and cooes. I roll my eyes, trying not to let a smile consume my face. The trees are beginning to thin out and the clearing was coming in my line of view. I stopped just a few feet from the start of the clearing. I released my hands from the girls and bent down, Lizzie still on my shoulders.

"Girls, I want you to listen very carefully for me, even you Lizzie. Things are going to happen today, mostly bad things. And if someone else or myself tell you to go with someone and leave, you all listen, ok? You take care of each other and be good for whoever you go with. Can you all do that for me?" I asked softly, blinking back the tears. But it was too late, Ally already saw me. She frowned and wrapped her arms around me.

"I pwomise, mommy, I pwomise."

"Me too Aunt Eve, I promise." Lizzie and Josie said at the same time. The Cullen twins nodded in agreement and I let out a sigh of relief. Still in my kneeled position, I turned my head away from the girls and to the clearing, where I could see the outline of people. I just couldn't see who or what we were up against. Not yet at least.

"I love you girls, remember that."

"Love you too, Auntie." The girls said in unison. Tears threatened to spill down my face but I held it together. I have to stay strong, for the sake of these girls lives and everyone elses. With a sad smile on my face, I ushered the girls back to their parents. Ally went to object but I just shook my head, pushing her towards Elena and Damon. I made sure that the kids and parents were in the middle, out of Zachary's eyes. Rising to my feet, I stared every family member of mine in the eyes. Using my mental power, I sent this message to all of them.

I love you all. I honestly don't know how this will turn out. So, I just want you to know that, I love all of you.

With that message, I turned on my heel as the wolves, in wolf form, weaved their way through the trees towards us. A silvery wolf stood next to me, his chest puffed out as a symbol of pride and determination. I smiled gently down at Paul, petting his head as I connected to our mind link.

I love you, Paul Lahote. From the very moment I met you to now.

Paul cocked his head to the side as he gave what I think is a wolfish grin.

I may not show it all the time, but you mean the world to me. If we do this and survive, I am going to be the luckiest man alive.

I chuckled, shaking my head gently at my mates cocky attitude. Even when he's romantic, he's always somehow a little cocky.

"Let's do this."

And with that said, I emerged from the forest first, followed by the massive group behind me. I kept walking, eyes narrowed slightly as the faces became more clear. My heart was pounding against my ribcage, reminding me to be fearful and determined at the same time. I kept my face emotionless, letting my eyes fall into the way they were when I was with Zachary.

Cold.

Emotionless.

Not caring.

Hard.

I halted my steps as Zachary Lent's face was close enough for me, which was about twenty feet. Shifters and more shifters stood behind him, even a few vampires. The corners of Zachary's mouth curved up as a knowing smirk planted itself there.

"Hello Everly."