THIRTY-ONE

Two days come and go quickly. Only two more days and we will face Zachary. I can tell that the shifters are getting anxious and I can't blame them.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by an out of breath Matt almost running into me. "Evie, get inside now." Matt told me, leaving no room for agruement.

"What's going on?" I asked, crossing my arms. Matt just shook his head and gently pushed me towards the house.

"Just hurry up and get in there before he destroys the house." Matt growled out and I knew right then he was completely serious. I turned on my heel and used my vampire speed to zoom into the house. That's when I heard it.

The Major.

"Why didn't you tell me!? I - We could've helped you!" Jasper growled out but I knew it wasn't him. They were upstairs, so that's where I went.

"Because I couldn't Jasper, I couldn't! You don't know how hard I tried to. Everyday single day, trying to tell you. I left sticky notes that would be telling everything and then they'd be gone. I've tried, trust me, I've tried." Alice replied, her voice on the bridge of breaking. I stood in the doorway, staring at the once overly happy couple.

Jasper had his fists clenched and his eyes were a solid pitch black. His posture was tense and proper, giving me two hints that the Major was out. Alice had tears in her eyes, ones that would never fall. Her pixie like hair was a mess, like she had ran her hands through it multiple times.

I decided that I needed to do something before Jasper did something he would regret in the future. "Major, you need to calm down and give Jasper control back." I told the Major, taking a step into the tense room. Major's head snapped over to me, eyes locking with mine. The corners of his lips curved up into a smirk but my face remained emotionless.

"Well well well, if it isn't the Ripper Queen. This is a pleasant unneeded surprise." I rolled my eyes at the Majors charm.

"Major, this isn't the time for you to be out. Give Jasper control back." Now the Major rolled his eyes.

"No can do, young one. Jasper was feeling a bit overwhelmed, so I thought I should take over, have a conversation with the Mrs." The Major replied, sending me a resurring smile. I gave him a pointed look and he sighed.

"Always taking the fun out of things." The Major grumbled. I laughed, shaking my head.

"You're the one that's the vampire Major here, not me. There are children here and knowing you, this won't end will. So, you either give Jasper control or we'll do it the hard way. You pick." The Major rolled his eyes before closing them. When he opened them, they were back to there normal golden color. Both Alice and I let out a sigh of relief.

"No dead bodies?" Jasper question, looking between Alice and I. Alice shook her head at the same time I gave him a smile.

"Not this time. Next time, rethink letting the Major out." And with that, I walked out of the room, leaving the duo to deal with their problems.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief when I stepped into the living room. Caroline rushed over to me, pulling me into her embrace. I raised an eyebrow but returned the hug.

"What's this for?"

Caroline chuckled. "Like you said before, if the Major stayed, there's a chance he could've hurt the children. We have two days until we face Zachary and I don't want to plan any funerals." Care told me, pulling away. I smiled sadly, looking down at the floor.

"There's only one funeral we are going to have to plan and as much as I would rather not say it, it's going to be one of ours." Gasps filled the room, from all families. I even heard them from the forest, where the shifters were listening in. Lizzie and Josie ran to Caroline, hugging her by the legs. Caroline sent me a worried look and I shook my head.