THIRTY-THREE

I'm pretty sure you know who the person above is playing. The one and only, Zachary Lent.

I am warning you now and only now. Be prepared for a lot of heartbreak and pain in the next few chapters. I promise I am not trying to agitate you, it it just the plot of the story.

Thanks again for reading.

-SweetPunky

~~~~~

Today.

The day finally came.

Today is the day that we finally face Zachary Lent, every single one of us. Yesterday was a heartbreaking day. But I have a feeling that today is going to worse than yesterday, if possible. If I didn't know Zachary Lent of what he had done, I probably would've kept walking if this family asked me to fight. A long time ago, I was a girl who didn't listen to anyone. You could even ask my father for proof. But now, now I have lived through everything, literally.

In my over two hundred fifty years of existing, I had never given much thought as to how my story would end. I guess you could say that I was too caught up with life to actually realize that just because I am immortal, does not mean I can't be killed. But after this, I don't know if I will be the same as I am now. This has taken such a big toll on this family and I'm afraid that we will never be the same again. There, I just said it.

I, Everly Lillian Mikaelson, for once in my life, am afraid.

I am afraid that I will lose my family forever. I am afraid that things might not go back to the way they were. I am afraid some precious to me will die. I am afraid. Afraid that if I don't beat Zachary Lent, I will not only be disappointing my family but also myself. After everything that man has done, he deserves much worse than he is going to get. He's going to be begging for death after I'm done with him and then, after the shifters are done, the Voltori are going to make him pay for everything he has done in his poor excuse of a life.

I guess you could say that if I was to die today, I will have died in happiness. After searching for two hundred years, I finally found my mate in the form of a werewolf. I have two families that love me and care for me, vise versa with me. I have a beautiful and amazing adopted daughter. My nieces are strong and beautiful as well, making me proud no matter what the situation. My father is alive and breathing, just happening to be the powerful hybrid. Like my fellow sister-in-law and best friend has said before,

I'd never given much thought as to how I would die. But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go.

"It's time, Dawn." My uncle, Elijah Mikaelson, said, interrupting my heavy thoughts. With a heavy sigh, I pushed myself off the couch and walked down the stairs to the front door, where Bella and Care were helping the kids put on their coats. I plastered a fake smile on my face, for the sake of the children, and began helping the two women get the children ready. Care raised an eyebrow at my obviously fake smile but I gave her a look that said 'you know why'. That just made her sigh but she didn't push the subject anymore.

Before I knew it, we were all standing on the front lawn. All of us. Shifters. Werewolves. Vampires. Orginials. Hybrids. Banshees. Children. Humans. I stood in the middle of all of them, glancing around as they all looked at me.

"I am not going to lie to you, any of you. I do not know if we will make it out of this alive. I do not know if we are going to lose loved ones. But if we do make it and we do lose loved ones, at least we will be able to tell their stories. How we all took down Zachary Lent after all these years. Fight with everything you have and I have a big feeling that we will do this, that we can do this! Knowing Zachary, we won't know who we are going up against. So just be prepared for anything and fight will all your will. If you want to back out now, I understand. Heck, I don't even know how I'm still standing here." I paused, waiting for anyone to walk away, sealing off their fate, living.