TEN

The plane lands and we get off, grabbing our bags. Matt and Stefan said that they'd be here to pick us up. And then I see the familiar blonde head and the brown head. I smile, running at the them. Then I remember the reason that I'm here, making me frown inside. But I pull it together as I jump on Stefan's back, making him jump. Matt spins around, alarmed, but laughs at the sight of me. Stefan raises an eyebrow but laughs afterwards.

"Hey guys." I said softly, jumping off Stefan's back. Stefan turns and pulls me into his embrace. Paul growls but suddenly stops. I feel something wet on my shoulder and realize that Stefan is crying. I coo and run my fingers through his hair, something I did to help calm all the boys. This is probably hard for him, he's already lost one important person, and now he's lost another.

It worked, for he stopped crying and pulled away with watery eyes. Next thing I know, Matt had me in his arms, crying. I ran my fingers through his hair and whispered sweet nothings in his ear. I tried my best not to cry but fate went against me as the tears began flowing.

Paul pulled me away from Matt and held me, rubbing my back. After our little cuddle and cry session, we all got into Matt's truck and were on our way to Mystic Falls. The ride was quiet, no one wanting to say anything. The silence let me think. Elena didn't deserve to die. She had all of eternity to live, explore with Damon, to enjoy life. But she doesn't get to, she doesn't get to any of that stuff now. I just hope she enjoyed her life.....

The car ride seemed short when we pulled into the driveway of the boarding house. I slowly got out of the truck, all the memories here came rushing back, setting a smile on my face. I walked up to the front door, feeling three sets of eyes on me. I payed no attention to them as I opened the door and walked in, already feeling at home. I noticed Bonnie and Care first, who had new and old tears running down their faces. They looked like a mess.

"Bon, Care." I said softly. Bonnie and Care's head turned to me and more tears escaped their eyes. I ran at them, all holding each tightly. We didn't let go. I swear we held each other for thirty minutes before the boys finally pulled us away from each other. I hugged Jeremy and Tyler before looking around. The first thing I noticed was how miserable Damon looked, making me frown. Even though he tried looking like he was ok, I could see right past it and Damon knew that. He broke down, falling on his knees, sobs slipping past his mouth. I fell next to him, holding him as he sobbed. His arms hung loosely around my waist as he sobbed into my shoulder. Paul didn't seem too protective, as he knew this was my second family.

I pulled away from Damon when I saw the casket from the corner of my eye. All eyes were on me as I made my way towards the casket. Tears brimmed my eyes as I saw Elena's unmoving body laying peacefully in the casket. I grabbed her hand and held it, closing my eyes.

I'm gonna miss you Elena.... You were like a sister to me, always knew how to cheer me up and was always there for me. You never gave up on me, even when I slipped. We are all going to miss you..all of us. I will keep Damon on the tracks, for you. I can't say goodbye, no matter how much I need to. I love you Elena...

I pulled my hand away, tears running down my face. I sniffled, hugging myself. I looked back at my friends and sniffled again. Through my watery eyes, I could make out a figure that had it's hand on Damon's face, caressing it. I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand and gasped, not believing what I was seeing.

"Elena." I said in one breath, looking straight at her. She looked at me and smiled sadly, walking towards me. Damon's head snapped up to me when I said her name.

"What is it?" Stefan asked, following my gaze, only to end up even more confused.

"She's here." I whispered.