Finding You - Jennie and Yoongi

Start from the beginning

"What?"

He looks serious so I bit the side of my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

"You know, chics with long hair and... fins?" He asks, blushing.

I don't want to embarrass him or ruin whatever moment he's having with his mermaid thoughts.

Besides, I secretly dream of becoming one so who am I to judge?

"What about them?" I realized I haven't answered his question yet.

"It's just that... yesterday, when I almost drowned, I think..." he scratches the back of his neck, "Ithinkamermaidsavedme."

He said it way too fast but I was able to catch up.

I can feel my mouth drops.

"I also think this belongs to her. Maybe I accidentally pulled it off of her neck when I was struggling for life." He pulled out something from his pocket and showed me a silver heart locket.

My eyes widened.

"My grandma's heirloom!" I gasped.

"Your what?" Yoongi asks as we share the same bewildered expression.

I grabbed it from his hand and open it to show him my baby picture along with my grandma's inside.

This is the type of locket made in a filigree style, which is very rare.

"So you mean... you're a... you're..." Yoongi stutters.

"Oh you dummie." I say, giggling.

FLASHBACK

Jennie's POV

"Where's Yoongi?" Lisa asks, scanning the area.

"Oh, he just went surfing. Don't worry about him. Come on, let's go inside." I tell her and she follows me into the beach store.

I was admiring some handmade souvenirs when I heard Lisa shrieked. She was holding a purple, swimmable mermaid tail and she looks at it like she has seen a real-life unicorn.

She grabbed another one from the rack. A bluish-green mermaid tail and she dangled it in front of my face.

"Seriously?" I asked her raising an eyebrow.

"C'mon Jen it'll be fun!" She says, jumping up and down.

I roll my eyes.

Aish, this kid.

But honestly, I am pretty excited too.

We bought the fins, changed into our swimwear, and head to the beach.

I smiled when I saw Yoongi surfing the waves like a pro.

I put my lips in between my teeth. He looks really hot.

Lisa noticed and rolled her eyes. "Ugh, stop gawking and let's try these so we can take some selfies on them."

"Fine, fine. Geez." I say, putting my tail on.

"You go first," Lisa tells me and I lay on the shore posing like a mermaid.

"Okay,okay. Nice. Hana, Dul..." She was about to take a picture when I looked back at the waters but I couldn't find Yoongi.

I immediately sat up.

"Aish! Why did you move Jennie? The picture was a blur." She frowns.

I didn't pay much attention to Lisa's comment. I am too anxious about Yoongi.

"Lisa, stay here." I tell her, not looking back.

I left her dumbfounded. I couldn't see him and I have no idea where he is but I just jumped in, forgetting that I still have the stupid mermaid tail on.

I spotted him drowning in the deep and swam towards him so I could pull him out.

The water was heavy and I can't swim properly because of the mermaid tail, making it worse.

At some point, I felt like even I won't make it because the force of the current was just too much.

I pushed myself harder and summoned all my strength until I finally reached him.

I caught hold of him but it seems that he's about to lose consciousness so I parted his lips with mine, giving him air.

But I know it won't be enough.

With everything that's left in me, I yanked him out of the deep.

When I reached the shore and lay him on the hot sand, some onlookers rushed to pump water out of his body.

I felt dizzy and exhausted. I heard Lisa's voice.

Her cry swelling up into a scream.

But none of them matters as long as I know that Yoongi is safe now.

I smiled and closed my eyes, waking up in our dorm room the following day.

I jumped slightly at the sound of my phone beeping.

"Jen, come to the beach with me?"

The text reads. It was from Yoongi.

PRESENT

I can't help but laugh hard I'm almost crying.

"You really thought a mermaid saved your ass?" I tell him in between my laughter.

"Hey, stop it. I didn't know okay?" He rolls his eyes and frowned.

"Dummie." I continue to tease him.

"I swear Jennie Kim, if you say that one more time..." He warns.

"Du-" He shuts me up by crashing his lips into mine.

My eyes widened and my heart beat triples.

This time, I did not hesitate.

I want this.

I want him.

I kissed him back passionately, digging my fingers into his hair and pulling him closer.

I know for a fact that no matter what happens, I will always find him, and he will always find his way back to me.

-------------------------------------------

Author's note:

It's up to you unnie. I don't mind. 😊Oh yeah, can you add this on the AN part?

This is a short surreal story about Jennie and Yoongi based on my Ongoing contemporary Fanfiction/Teenfiction "Finding the Value of X".

I suggest that you check it out first to know more about the characters in this work of mine. ฅ'ω'ฅ

Anyway, I hope y'all like it! ♥

xoxo

Thank you BIGTIME 💓