Finding You - Jennie and Yoongi

Start from the beginning

Maybe I had wiped out and hit my head on my surfboard.

Maybe I did almost drown.

Maybe I had been saved.

And maybe in the struggle, I had pulled the necklace of a... mermaid?

------------

A day after...

Jenny's POV

The sun starts to set, making the sky a beautiful mixture of red and orange. The smell of the salty beach water fills the air and my feet feel warm from the now cooling sand.

I can feel the breeze blowing my hair softly.

Today is just perfect.

On top of that, I have Yoongi sitting beside me. His face calm.

Honestly, I didn't know why he wanted to come back here but he seemed so eager since yesterday after he almost drowned.

"I hope you had a great day today Jen." Yoongi says, smiling his gummy smile.

My heart pounded at the sight.

I nod, returning an equally bright smile. "Of course I did. Thanks for inviting me today. I had so much fun."

"I'm glad." He chuckles.

I turn to look at him only to be enchanted by his smile once again.

His eyes are so beautiful especially when they squint because of his laugh. And yes, his laugh is one of my favorite sounds apart from when he calls my name.

He is just so amazing... so special.

I admit, I've been with plenty of other guys but he was the only one to stay despite all the bullshit that I've put him through, with all my mood swings and shit.

He was also the only one who can shut me up with his savage comebacks.

"Jennie?"

"Hmm?" I blinked a couple of times.

"Uh..." he chuckles, "is there something on my face?"

"What? Uhmm, no. There's nothing, just... looking." I can feel my face heat up so I immediately put my head down.

"I must be quite attractive, considering you where drooling when you were looking at me." He leans in and whispered in my ear.

"What? No, I wasn't!" My head shot up as I wipe my mouth frantically with the back of my hand.

He laughs. "I was only teasing you."

"Asshole." I gave him a playful smack on the shoulder and he laughs even harder. This time I joined him.

I sigh, blushing a light shade of pink.

"I wish everyday will be like this. Don't you?" I ask.

He stared at the sparkling sea before he speaks.

"If everyday would be like this, then this would just be another day. This day would mean less." He says, smiling.

I can't help but smile too as my heart beats like crazy inside my chest.

He is right.

I just hope I can collect beautiful memories with him for the rest of our days.

"Jennie..." I turn to look at him and he hesitates for a moment. "Do you believe in mermaids?"

WHAT. THE. FUCK?