28 - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

(Song Recommendation: None.)

"So, you know where the passport agency is?" Red asked, adjusting the overhead mirror when she reached a red light. "Yes, Red..." Vulture groaned, rolling back in his seat. "Alright, alright. Have you got everything you need too? Link's citizenship evidence, a photocopy of his ID, his photo, the fees-" "Yes, Red..." He repeated with a grunt. "Don't give me that attitude, mister. I don't need to hear it when I'll be driving for the next twelve hours-" "For fuck's sake. Stop using that damn drive as an excuse..." He dragged a hand down his face before he glanced over at Link.

Link was staring out of the window, watching as other cars passed by. He could see a colleague of Red's driving Vulture's Audi behind them. He cut himself out of his cold state when Vulture's seatbelt clicked and he felt a hand brush against his own.

The teen straightened up anxiously, untucking his shirt's creases. "... Are you okay?" Vulture whispered, rubbing his thigh and nudging his nose into his neck. Link nodded, listening to the sound of the rumbling range rover engine and the ruffling of his thin shirt. "Are you sure?" The gang leader pressed on, unbuckling Link's seatbelt to pull him into his lap. "... I'm fine." He sighed, looking down at the taller male as he pushed his hair behind his ear.

Vulture bit his lip and tied his arms around Link's waist, pushing the palm of his hand against his ass. "... Mhm?" He hummed. "... Vulture. Please refrain from screwing Link in the back of my truck." Red noted with a chuckle as the red light flashed green again and she accelerated away from the silent roads quickly. Vulture rolled his eyes, "I never complained when you brought your first boyfriend home." "What-! You're not my dad! I lived with you for one month and I had been with him for a year already!" Red snapped as the gang leader pulled Link down to push him against the back seats. "You broke up with him only a week later anyway." Vulture muttered as he leaned forward to kiss Link's jawline.

"Yeah, whatever. Don't go stripping each other, I can see the airport from here." The violet-haired girl chided, tapping her matte rose-gold nails on the car wheel. Vulture groaned, pushing his head into the crook of Link's neck. "Is this your first time on a plane, Link?" Red asked, snapping out a pair of sunglasses to slide on. The edges rested on the shell of her ear, caressing her soft skin. "... Y-Yeah." Link choked out anxiously as Vulture pulled back to look down at him. "... You'll be fine." Vulture mouthed, lifting a hand to rub his cheek. Link nodded and closed his eyes. As the gang leader moved in close to embrace the presence of the younger male with his lips, the truck came to a sudden halt. Vulture's entire body was thrown off the seat and he landed in the leg and foot compartment. "What the fuck, Red?!" He shouted, pushing himself back up to sit beside Link, who was now curled up in the corner of the far left seat. "And that's why you always wear your seatbelt-" "Fuck off and just get to the airport already!"

Vulture was more than relieved when he and Link were finally away from Red, who was now driving to Chicago with Ivory. "... There should be inns and services every twenty minutes on the highway she's going through... She'll be fine." He yawned, dragging his suitcase along the marble grounds. The wheels rolled as quick as he walked, bumping over each crack and loud footstep. Link held his suitcase close to him and followed Vulture's strut, keeping himself from making eye contact with other humans or "disgusting pieces of mankind's society" as he liked to say.

"Link." Vulture tapped his shoulder. "H-Hm?" Link looked up quickly, almost tripping from the sudden stop that he and the opposing male had taken. "The passport agency is just here. Give me your bag." The taller male gestured to Link's hand luggage. "R-Right." The teen took off the bag with great difficulty, pulling at the straps and buckles quite awkwardly. Vulture watched with his hands on his hips and he sighed when the bag was finally in his hand. "Stay here." He pulled the objects needed from the bag and handed his luggage to Link before walking towards the desk where a young brown-haired male stood.