"Luke Hemmings, seventeen, lady killer." He said, walking over to the bed and sitting down.

I sat up straight now, "What?" I laughed, confused by what he was going on about.

"Just go with it." He told me, giving me a sincere smile that matched his subtle laugh through the spaces of his words. I opened my mouth to question him, but he had told me to go with it so I did just that.

"Andy Emerson, seventeen, gentleman killer." I copied his words, getting a raised eyebrow from him. He brought his legs up and crossed them on the bed, now facing me as he sat Indian style.

"I don't think that's a real thing." He sighed, looking from my hands that were tied to each other then back up to my eyes.

"I just made it real thing then." I joked. He rolled his eyes and leaned back onto his hands that were placed right behind him.

"Luke Hemmings, seventeen, infamously known for getting a C in math for the past three years." He said, getting a giggle out of me. I turned towards him, tucking my legs to the side in a careful attempt to keep from exposing myself.

"Andy Emerson, seventeen, infamously known for getting an A in English for the past five years." I said back. He let out a short and obviously fake gasp.

"You bitch." He whispered. I desperately wanted to reach out and push him straight off the bed, but I had kept it to myself.

"Also infamous for using an inappropriate choice of words at the most inappropriate times." I added.

"Who? You or me?" He asked, biting down on his lip ring. I laughed at his question as it really had applied to both of us, hence why we met in ISS.

"Both of us." I replied. He sat back up straight again and this time let his elbows rest on his knees, his hands freely dangling and every so often letting his fingers hook onto each other. I stared at his fingers as he toyed with them, a silence settling around us.

"What's your favorite color?"

"What?" I asked again. "How old are we again?"

"I told you twice that I was seventeen. I also recall you saying you were seventeen, so we are in fact seventeen." He replied, earning another giggle from me.

"Okay, then." I cleared my throat, holding back my laughter. "I like pink."

"Pink?!" He nearly shouted, as if it was the most mind blowing fact in the world. I raised my eyebrows at him, nodding a few times. "Andy Emerson, I look at you and do not think that your favorite color could possibly be pink." He scoffed lightly, making me question why he had seemed so worked up about my favorite color.

"What color did you expect me to say?" I laughed, running a hand through my hair.

"Red." He deadpanned.

"Why red?" I asked, shaking my head a bit.

He shrugged, "I imagined you as a red type of girl." He explained even though it hadn't made much sense. I nodded anyways.

"What's your favorite color then?" I questioned back, hoping that he wouldn't give a ridiculous answer.

"I like blue." He answered. "Or black." He added.

"Black doesn't count." I told him, even though it was basically the only color he ever wore, which I was also guilty of.

"Fine, then I like blue." He puffed his cheeks for a quick second, blowing cool air my direction just a second after.

"What kind of blue?" I asked, my head tilting slightly to the side. He bit down on his bottom lip as he scooted closer to me to where his knees almost hit mine.

"The blue kind." He smirked, toying with the loose thread of his blanket just as I was a little while ago.

"You're so hard to crack, you know." I told him even though I'm sure he knew of this.

"I know." He replied. He stopped pulling at his blanket, letting his fingers hook together just as mine were. "I like the kind of blue that's the color of your eyes." He looked up from his hands to my eyes, making me feel like he was practically burning holes through me.

"We have the same eye color." I said. We were now staring blankly at each other, but something about how he would look between my two eyes made me feel like he was taking note on me.

"No, no," He shook his head. "Yours are darker than mine." He leaned in towards me and I pulled back just the smallest amount. I didn't like someone unexpectedly in my own personal space, but with what Luke was doing now I didn't seem to mind.

I slowly went back to were I was and let him somewhat strangely investigate my eyes. I kept glancing away as I felt like staring him down would build too much tension. But at the same time I fear things going wrong and try to avoid them, but I obviously can't do that.

"You also have a little yellow speck in your right eye." He said. I already knew this, Luke was just pointing it out and telling me the differences he saw. He sat back where he was with a soft expression. He seemed at peace right now and it was different to see him in a calm state. "You have cool eyes." He assured me, running a hand through his hair.

I smiled as I peered down to his black quilt I was sitting on, "Thanks." I replied. "You do too." I said back, looking back up at him. His eyes fell from mine and seemed to trail down my neck then down my arm then right to the floor.

"When's your birthday?" He questioned, struggling to break his stare from the ground.

"November 25th." I answered with ease.

"July 16th," He said. "I'm older than you." He grinned, nearly taunting me.

"By four months." I scoffed. I had realized that he was trying to get to know me a little better and doing a pretty cheesy job at doing it, but his effort what was made me appreciate it. Instead of slowly figuring out these little things about me, he simply asked them straight up and pushed past all of those things.

"Which means I have four months to plan a barely legal 18th birthday party for you." He told me, nudging my knee with his.

"With that said, you can't come." I watched as his lips pulled into a faint pout and I bit the inside of my lip just to keep myself from smiling. He laughed and I soon joined in, quickly figuring out that Luke was actually a caring and goofy guy rather than the disdainful kid that he showed the world.

-

A/N:

BOXER LUKE THO

idk i rly liked this chapter i thought they were cute ok i'm not trying to rush this plz tell me if i am but i also dont want to drag it on

ok yes i love them ok

i hope u like this fam :')