69 - I'll Be Forever Yours

All the group of Mystic Falls appeared to be getting was one hit after another. First Jo, Elena's curse, and now Amelia was dying. Stefan volunteered to take Elena's coffin to the crypt, as Damon took care of Amelia. The Evans girl was trying her hardest to act strong, finding the strength to walk upstairs on her own, as both Damon and Caroline forced her to lay down.

As the blonde urgently made calls to New Orleans, Amelia sat on the bed she and Damon shared, writing intently on a piece of paper. Everyone was refusing to give up on the girl, none of them wanting to lose anyone else, Damon especially.  But, it seemed as though Amelia was accepting what was to come, and was preparing for the worst.

"You should be resting." A voice spoke from the doorway.

Looking to the side, Amelia smiled a small smile at Bonnie who stood there. "I'll be sleeping permenantly soon enough." She shrugged, holding her hands up at the look she received. "Sorry, dying girl humor. Probably a bit too soon for that."

"You aren't dying." The Bennett witch told her firmly, walking and sitting on the edge of the bed. "You are going to be fine."

Amelia simply held up her wrist, where the bite was growing worse by the minute. "Say that to this." She replied, pulling her sleeve down to cover it. The last thing she wasnted was to see what was causing this entire mess. "Where's Damon?"

"With Caroline, trying to contact Klaus." She answered, making Amelia furrow her brow in confusion."He's using your phone in hopes it gets a quicker response."

"Oh." She said, slowly nodding. Reaching forward, she took hold of Bonnie's hand and squeezed it tightly. "Bon, promise me something? I know everyone is saying I'm going to be fine, but I need to ask you this, just in case things don't go in my favor."

Bonnie looked at her hestitantly, before nodding. "Yeah, anything." She told her, squeezing her hands back.

"Look after Damon for me, okay?" She began, refusing to let any tears spill as she spoke. "If I-- when I die-- he's going to need someone. He's going to be emotional, he's going to be volatile, and he's going to act like he doesn't care. I need to know that when I'm going, someone is going to be there to make sure he doesn't go off the rails, and he moves on. Stefan will try, and he will get pushed out. I need you to be the one he can't push away."

Saddness fell upon Bonnie's face, silent tears slipping down her cheeks, as she knew this was Amelia's way of saying goodbye. After saying goodbye to Elena for good, she wasn't ready to say goodbye to some else. Especially not another girl, who she considered one of her best friends. Despite the urge to say she'd be fine, Bonnie nodded in agreement, making a silent promise do exactly as she said.

"And make sure you live, okay?" She added on. "You, Bonnie Bennett, deserve more happiness in life then I could ever express. You have one life, and I want you to give all you've got. Find love, have a family, see the world. Do everything you've ever wanted and more, and do not waste a second of any day. Make so that, when Elena wakes up, she gets to hear about the life you had and be proud of her best friend. Make me proud."

"I promise." She nodded vigorously, sniffling. "But, you're going to be here, okay? You're going to get to be with Damon, and see me live my life to the fullest."

Amelia smiled as she let go Bonnie's hands. "I hope so."

******

While everyone else was rusghing aorund, trying to find a solution, Amelia had spent the time preparing. With the strenght she had left, she'd laid things out for everyone to find once she had gone, as her final way of saying goodbye. When it was done, she laid down on the bed and tried to ignore the pain, or how hot she could feel herself getting underneath the sheets.