64 - I Never Could Love Like That

"This is nice."

Amelia let out a content sigh after she spoke, as she pulled the towel tightly around her naked form. Damon smiled and pressed a kiss on her temple, wrapping his arms around her waist, and pulling her back against his bare chest as she went to walk toward the mirror. It hadn't taken the pair long to fall back into their old ways, and neither of them showed any dislike to the idea of being back together.

"Do you smell that?" She then asked, picking up a new scent in the air that made her brow furrow. "Is that bacon?"

"Hmm, Mom's cooking." Damon realized, chuckling. "It is either bacon or a baby she abducted from a nearby village."

Frowning at him, she walked forward and started the faucet running. "She can hear us!" She hissed in reminder, giving him a scolding look. "You have to give her a chance, Damon. She's your Mother, and she clearly means a lot to Candice."

"No, she's a tool to get Stefan's humanity back, just like Candice was a tool to get yours back." He corrected, as he pulled the girl back into his arms. "Because there is no doubt Stefan and Caroline are fangs deep in bodies right now. So, the sooner we get our supernatural born killers out of circulation, the better."

Giving him a look, she sighed and pressed a kiss to his cheek, before turning the water off and walking back into the bedroom. She picked up the previous nights clothes from the floor, and dumped them into the laundry basket, before making her way over to the dresser. As she went to open it, she stopped when she heard footsteps coming quickly toward them, Candice soon bounding excitedly into the room.

"Lily made breakfast." She announced to her sister, taking a seat on the edge of Damon's bed. "Are you coming?"

Amelia let out a small giggle, gesturing to the towel that covered her. "Um, we'll be down soon. We kind of need to get dressed."

Candice's eyes widened in realization, looking from her sister to Damon, who leaned in the bathroom doorway and gave her a smirk. Her cheeks heating up, she made her way out of the room without another word, quickly making her way back downstairs.

The second she was out of earshot, Damon gave the eldest Evans girl a look. "We need to invest in a bell for her." He said seriously. "Next time, we not be as... decent."

She rolled her eyes, pulling the top draw of the dresser open. "Let us both invest in a shirt first, then can discuss the bell that we are not buying." She told him with a small smile, her hand barely in the dresser when Damon appeared in front of her, slamming it shut. "Damon, I really need a shirt."

He quickly brushed his actions off, handing her a shirt with a shrug. "As much as I prefer you without one, take mine."

Looking him up and down with a suspicious look, she shrugged and took the shirt from his hands, pulling it over her head and walking away to gran some jeans. As soon as she was out of sight, Damon sighed and pulled the draw open again, pulling out the wooden box he'd hidden among the various pieces of clothing. The red vial sat inside the box, almost mocking him as he stared at it, his mind debating the options this left him with in his head. Biting his lip, he closed the box and hid it once more, plastering a smile on his face before going to join Amelia once again.

******

Breakfast had an awkward tension in the air, as Damon and Amelia sat on one side of the table, graciously eating what Lily had made them. It took some convincing for Damon to even sit down, but after being reprimanded about making an effort, he went along with Amelia's idea of giving Lily a chance. Candice sat opposite her sister, her eyes staring in wonder at her older sister's phone.