1 - Coming Home✅

Dear Damon,

You would think after a century, that the pain would of faded, and life would of became easier. For any normal person, this probably would be the case, but not for me. Immortality is worthless without someone by your side to share it with. I've tried moving on, but it just doesn't work, no one has came close to matching the love you and me shared.

Today, I have returned home. I have came back to Mystic Falls. I didn't think I would ever be ready to come back here, not with all the memories it holds for me, but I have decided to be brave and return. Besides, I've had word some old friends of mine live here now, so I have decided to pay them a visit.

I plan to visit to visit your Family Crypt while I am here, leave some flowers for you and Stefan, then visit my family crypt to visit my parents. Maybe coming back here will be good for me, maybe it shall be a fresh start.

Forever Yours, Amelia

xxx

Looking at the letter and reading it through, Amelia folds the letter and places it into an envelope, before sealing it shut. She then pulls out, a neatly tied together pile of envelopes, all addressed to the same person, and adds it to the pile. Amelia doesn't care that she'll never be able to send them, just being able to write them helps her, makes her feel closer to him.

"Can I help you?" A waiter asks, standing behind the bar of the Mystic Grill, and Amelia looks up and smiles at him.

"Um, just the bill please." She tells him. "Do you happen to know where Rebekah Mikaelson lives?" She then asks, as the boy hands her bill, and he thinks for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, it's the biggest house in town, you can't miss it. It's just two blocks away." He tells her, and Amelia gives him a grateful look.

"Brilliant, thank. And keep the change." She tells him, before throwing her bag onto her shoulder, and walking away from the bar toward the exit.

Amelia then walks through the town square, making her way to the Mansion she can see in the distance, which is Two Blocks away like the boy said. She is just passing the Police Department, when she a Blonde haired women wearing a uniform, being stopped by what looks like a Pastor.

"Sorry Liz, your not going to work today." The Pastor tells her, a few men wearing badges forming behind him.

"What are you talking about? What's going on?" The women now know as Liz demands, eyeing the Pastor and the men behind him, confused but also suspicious.

"They're taking your badge." The Pastor states, nodding to the men behind him. "You're not fit to protect us anymore."

"You have no idea what your up against." Liz tells them, shaking her head, and giving them a look that says they are all fools.

"On the contrary, Liz. I've already taken your Deputies. We've got the entire town's stash of Vervain, including the stash found in the Salvatore House. We're making our move." The Pastor says, but at the mention of the name Salvatore, Amelia's interest is immediately piqued.

Turning on her heal, Amelia walks over to where the Pastor and Liz are, ready to get some answers.

"Excuse me, but this is no way to treat a women. Especially one, that clearly does a great service for this town." Amelia snaps at the Pastor and his Deputies, her arms crossed over her chest as she glares at them.

"I don't really think this is any business of yours." The Pastor retorts, while Liz watches the women bewildered, not how she heard or why she defending her.