31 - Handle With Care

Quiet mornings, they were the morning Amelia loved the most. After last night, this was exactly what she needed, just time to relax and think everything through. Damon was also loving it, enjoying just laying on the couch, with Amelia snuggled comfortably in his arms. Everything was just perfect.

"This is nice" Amelia sighs out contently, her head laid nicely on Damon's chest.

Damon nodded a small nod "It is nice"

"Why can't our lives always be like this ?" She asks with a pout "Life would be so much better if it was always like this"

"I agree" The Salvatore says honestly, but knows this is too good to last "But it is our life, which probably means somebody's gonna walk through that door and shatter it"

She just groaned at the idea, burying her head in the fabric of his shirt "Don't say that. I can't deal with everyone's shit today"

Damon simply smirks "10,9..."

The Evans girl groans, shaking her head rapidly from side to side, snuggling into him more "Just let me enjoy the moment, I beg of you"

"6,5..."

"What happened to 7 and 8 ?"

Rolling his eyes, he begins to plant kisses on her foreword, smiling at how she giggle when he tickles her sides with his hands "3,2..."

"You're a dick. Stop ruining it" She growls at him, before pressing her lips firmly against his, completely distracting him from counting.

For a moment, the distraction works and they before melt into one another, each second becoming more lustful and passionate. Until, they both pick up on the sound of footsteps, two sets of them coming toward the front door. Damon had hoped he was wrong, and Amelia silently prayed she was hearing things, but her hopes were quickly shut down.

"Greetings" Silas announces, throwing open the door and walking inside, with Elena walking in not far behind him.

The doppelganger glares at the back of his head, her arms folded over her chest. Pulling apart, the couple look at both doppelgangers, before looking back at one another simultaneously.

"One" They mutter together, sitting up and off of one another.

With a flick of his hand, the curtains in room suddenly fly open, letting beams of sunlight pour into the room. Silas grins, walking over and standing directly in front of the window, soaking in the warm beams of light.

"Good morning, frenemies. Ah. You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer. Probably because I'm into cursed with having to out live it anymore"

"Goody for you" Amelia deadpans, rolling her eyes at him.

"What's with the home invasion, Silas ?" The Salvatore sighs, as Amelia glances over at Elena, raising a eye for an answer to same question.

She had no reason to be here, she should be at Whitmore, far away from the couple and not annoying anyone. Elena ignores the look, keeping her eyes glued on Silas and sometimes glancing at Damon, clearly different thoughts running through her thoughts for each person.

Silas turns to face them all "Well, Damon, after 2000 years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die"

"New thought anyone could be so happy about the thought of dying" Amelia comments, getting to her feet and pouring a glass of Bourbon, needing a drink to have some ability to cope with the current situation.