36 - 500 Years Of Solitude

The next morning, Damon and Amelia lay side by side in bed, without clothes on and only a sheet covering them. Both are awake, but are just laid in silence, unsure of what to say to one another. Attempting to break up, is what has lead them to this place, which is why Amelia is scared to talk.

Instead, she wrapped the sheet around her body tightly, and clambered out of the large bed. Walking toward the closet, she pulled out a random set of clothes and threw them on, before gathering up her destroyed ones from the floor. Damon just stayed in bed, but sat up and watched her move around, barely looking at him as she went.

"We should probably talk about this" He commented, finally breaking the silence that was looming over them, as she walked into the bathroom.

She ignored him, quickly washing up and tying her hair up, before walking back out into the main bedroom. Glancing at the bed, she saw Damon was no longer there, and she just let out a small sigh.

She turned to walk out, to go downstairs and find Stefan, but instead jumped back with a yelp. In the doorway, stood Damon leaned against the door frame with a smirk, his arms folded against his bare chest. Though, a shirt wasn't the only piece of clothing he was missing.

"Um" She choked, blinking as she looked him up and down, trying to form a sentence "You should probably get dressed, before someone who shouldn't sees you like that"

Damon simply shook his head "Nope" He answered, popping the p "I'm not doing anything until we talk about last night"

"What is there to talk about ?" She fired back "You tried to break up with me, and it ended in sex"

"Me trying to break up with you, is what needs to be spoken about" He sighs, running a hand through his black locks "I'm sorry" He says sheepishly, and by the look on his face, she could tell he was being genuine about it "I let everything that happened get to me, and didn't want people to look at you differently, just because you're with me. I love you, Amelia, and I want what's best for you"

Sighing, she smiled a small smile at him. Picking up a towel, she walked over and wrapped it around his waist, before wrapping him into a hug. Gently, she pressed her lips against his for a few seconds, before pulling away "You're forgiven. But, Damon, I don't care about who you or your past. I love you, and I'm not going anywhere. Despite how hard you try to get rid of me"

He just chuckled, before pressing his lips back against her, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer to him. When Amelia's phone began to buzz, they pulled apart, Damon groaning and glaring as she answers the phone.

Only because he saw the Caller ID.

"Stef, I hope this is important. Me and Damon were in the middle of something" She giggles, noticing the look Damon is pulling.

"Well, you're both gonna want to hear this" Stefan answered "Katherine had a heart attack. She's alive, but her entire body is failing. According to the Doctors, she had until the end of the day, if that"

The couple exchanged looks at the news in surprise. After all thsi time, Katherine Pierce was finally going to be out of their lives, for good.

*******

After receiving the news, Damon and Amelia gathered with Matt and Jeremy in the library, armed with Bourbon and shot glasses. In their minds, this was cause for celebration.

"Rule number one" Damon began, after lining up and filling the shot glasses with Bourbon "Think of the worst thing Katherine Pierce has ever done to you. Rule number two, toast to the glory of her impending death. Rule number three, if you come across something that's worse...which you will...repeat rules one and two"