38 - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

In the town Square, Amelia was fast sleep on the bench she passed out on, dry tear stains down her cheeks with red and puffy eyes. As people walk passed, they gawked and stared at the girl, whispering about her in a judging manor. Groaning, the hungover women blinked her eyes open, shielding them from the bright sun as she did so. Sitting up, she pulled her phone from her pocket, to see multiple messages and missed calls.

Stefan, Caroline, Bonnie, Matt.... Damon. Biting down on her lip, she deleted all of Damon's texts and calls, before pressing the dial button on Stefan's. She pressed the phone against her ear, rubbing her spare hand over her face as she did.

"Where the hell have you been ?" Stefan demanded, the minuet he answered the call.

She rolled her eyes "Partying"She deadpanned "Where do you think I've been ? Making out with your brother ? Oops, no, sorry. That's Elena's job now"

"Funny" He deadpanned back, before softening his tone "Look, I get your hurting, but I need you to come over. It's about Enzo"

"I'm not going a within a mile radius of your brother" She stated firmly "Not happening"

"Damon's a wreck, Amy. You break up with him, and his first instinct is to go on a killing spree"

She narrows her eyes "How is that my problem anymore ? Newsflash, Stefan, I no longer care about him"

"That's a lie and you know it" He called her bluff, as he could hear a voice break when she spoke "You care, Amelia. You always have, and despite what he does, you always will. You two make each other whole"

"Really ? As right now, I feel broken, and he's the reason why"She hissed, before hanging up abruptly, and shoving her phone into her pocket.

********

Half hour away from Whitmore, Amelia sat inside diner booth, her hands hugged around a mug of coffee. Sunglasses covered her eyes, so no one could see she had been crying, and her phone sat on the table vibrating in front of her. She was only because Caroline wanted to meet up with her, having heard all about what had happened from Stefan.

"Hey" The blonde greeted, slipping into the booth, and placing a dress bag and some other things down beside her.

Amelia just gave her a short wave, taking a sip out of her coffee mug. Caroline frowned at how bad the girl looked, not having seen her in this state before. Her hair was a mess, flung up in very messy bun, and her clothes were wrinkled and slightly dirty. You could see tear stains on her cheeks, and even with the glasses on, Caroline knew her eyes would be red and puffy.

"Have you spoken to him ?" She asked, and Amelia shook her head.

"Not since I told him we were done" She answers "He left me a few messages, but I deleted them without listening to them. I don't want to hear excuses, I just want him to leave me alone"

Caroline nodded, understanding on her face "Well, I have a Damon free distraction for you. Whitmore is holding a Bitter Ball tonight, and I think you should come. In fact, you are coming, even if I have to drag you there"

Amelia raised a eyebrow "Will Elena be there ?"

Caroline bit down on her lip, very cautious to answer this. Amelia had wanted to kill Elena in the past, and with what has happened, this may be the thing that makes her finally do it. Having them in the same room now, it wasn't the best idea the blonde ever had, but someone needed to keep a eye on the Evans girl. Make sure she didn't spiral over the edge.

"Possibly" She answered in a hesitant tone "But, you won't even have to speak to her. She's invited Stefan so they could talk, she probably won't even look at you"