32 - Death and The Maiden

"Amy, time to wake up"

Hearing that, the girl groaned and grumbled into her pillow, snuggling even more into her half of Damon's bed. After yesterday, all she wanted to do was sleep all day, and forget about her life for a while. But, due to having a suicidal doppelganger in the basement, that was far from possible.

Damon rolled his eyes, sitting down on the edge of the bed beside the girl, giving her a gentle shake "Amelia, come on. Rise and Shine"

Not saying a word, she just rolled over so she wasn't facing him, pulling the duvet further up her body "Sorry, the Amelia you require isn't functioning today, please come back tomorrow and try again then"

She said that like a answering machine, before grabbing a random pillow and covering her ears with it, in attempt to drown Damon out when he spoke again. Despite, how amusing he found it or how much he wanted to leave her sleep, Damon knew he needed to get her up to face the day.

Sighing deeply, he pulled the sheets off of her and grabbed hold of her legs, attempting to pull her out of the bed. Stubbornly, she grabbed hold of the head board and wouldn't let go, making it impossible for him to drag her to the ground. Growling, he then sped and grabbed her around the waist, pulling her out of the bed before she could process what was happening.

"DICK" She yelped, thrashing around in his hold "Damon Salvatore, put me down this minuet and leave me sleep"

Damon shook his head "No, this is for your own good.Just remember you love me"

"Debatable"

This escalated the situation further. Damon threw her over his shoulder, and was now to refusing to put her down, until she admitted she loved him. Both of them as stubborn as the other, neither were willing to back down, and it had turned into a game at this point.

If it wasn't for Elena appearing, this would of went on for a lot longer. The Doppelganger stares at the couple, trying to take in and understand exactly what she is seeing, before clearing her throat to attract their attention.

"Good morning, Elena" Damon smirks, not even attempting why Amelia is only in her underwear, and slung over his shoulder "Anything we can help you with ?"

Amelia can feel herself going red, burying her face into Damon's back, cursing him under her breath. Elena just blinks, before finally finding the words to say "Stefan has his memories back"

**********

"October 1852 ?"

"You broke my nose trying to teach me how to throw a right hook. You also pissed off Amelia, as you refused to teach her also" Stefan answers, as they all sit in the lounge together, quizzing Stefan on past events.

Damon looks up Amelia, who is giving him a narrowed look, remembering that day very clearly "I think your exact words were 'Fighting isn't made for women, Amelia, leave it to the men'" She recalls folding her arms over her chest, tapping her foot on the ground.

"I made it up to you" He defends, then glances at Stefan "And I did not break your nose on purpose. Now, How much did you pay for the hunk of junk motorcycle you ride ?"

"That's a trick question" The Youngest catches on "You bought me that motorcycle, although I'm guessing it was pretty expensive"

"So Tessa just gave you your memories back, no strings attached ?" Damon then asks.

Stefan frowned deeply "Well, it wasn't exactly a gift. It was a lot to take in all at once, everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to... drowning in a safe" As he speaks, flashes of the safe run through his mind, making his grip on his glass tighten until his knuckles go white.