Why was it still dark?

"W-why can't I see? Why can't I see?!" My struggles grew louder as my realization became clearer. "I can't see! I-I can't see!"

A strong hand fell on my shoulder cause me to jolt back with a scream. My back hit the wall with a thud as I pushed myself away from my assailant.

"S-stay Away!" I shrieked my bloody hands thrusting forward to push back the Espada.

"Kid! Stop!" A new voice cut through the panic and the hand on my shoulder grabbed at my extended hands.

My panic slowly started to fade as I desperately tried to look for the light in the dark.

"Grimmjow?"

My hands relaxed in his as I heard what sounded like a sigh before an answer.

"Yeah...it's me. What the fuck did that bastard do to you." He asked even though I'm sure he could clearly see the damage.

I swallowed and felt the pain begin to build up again where my eyes were.

"I-I can't see..." My hands tighten in his once more as I broke into a tearless sob.

I felt him shift toward me and seem to pull me to him, I heard him grumble quietly under his breath.

"That fucking bastard I'm going to-"

"My, what happened here?"

Another voice cut him off making me jump at the new intruder's voice.

I felt Grimmjow shift toward what of be the new presence in the room.

"Ichimaru."

I grew stiff and tried to turn my head toward the other man.

"Gin..?" I merely whispered,knowing he probably heard me.

The sound of footsteps echoed through the room until the drew to a halt into of Grimmjow and myself.

"Oh dear. What's happened to Sammi-chan?" Gin asked casually as if I had only scraped my knee.

"She was being attacked by Luppi, he seemed to slash her eyes. She's saying she can't see." Grimmjow explained, his voice rough and strained as if he was trying to hold back his anger.

"Mmm. I'll take care of this. You can go Grimmjow."

"What?! Is nothing going to be done about that fucker!" The former Espada shouted, making me jump at the volume and tone in his voice.

I could hear a quiet chuckle come from Gin just before he spoke.

"I never said that, but you should watch your tone. If I was Captain Aizen, I won't stand for that...but I am not. That reminds me, don't you have a meeting to attend."

Grimmjow was silent and tense before his hand slipped from mine and I heard him stand.

"I'd probably clean up all that blood before going as well. You wouldn't want people to question whose it is." Gin remarked in a tone that I'm positive made him have a smirk across his face.

I heard a quiet 'whatever' before there was a breeze that brushed against my fingers, signaling that Grimmjow had left. Within seconds of him leaving, a hand quickly grasped my outreached one and another fell onto my face. I felt Gin's presence directly in front of me, my free hand struggling to find some to grasp onto.

"Oh little bird. I'm so sorry."

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing but broken sobs came from me. My free hand found the fabric of his shirt and my head feel forward, his hand falling with it. The room quickly filled with loud sobs as I continued to cry in the arms of my only friend. At this point, I truly wish for nothing but this nightmare to end.