Chapter 12

My vision went red and my heartbeat filled my ears, pounding louder and louder until it stopped suddenly. The sensation of warm hands grasped my wrists and my cloudy vision darting down to the pale hands in confusion.

"Oh my Sammi-chan. What sort of a mess have you gotten yourself into?"

My heart leapt as I looked us slowly the cloudiness of my vision clearing. There in front of me bearing bright silver hair and a very heartbroken smile was...

"Gin..?"

"Hello little bird."

A wet weak chuckle came from me as I reached forward and grabbed at the black fabric surrounding him. I looked him up and down seeing he was wrapped in a black cloak that shrouded everything but his face and hands. Before I could ask why he was wearing something like that he pulled my hand away from him.

"You have caused a lot quite a mess." His hand ran over my own gently which stung with pain.

I looked down and saw my hands were cut up and bleeding, my gaze darted to the shattered glass surrounding me on the ground. Did I shatter the mirror?

"Yes you seem to be in a bit of a blind rage." Gin stated as he pulled out some bandages and began to wrap them around my injured hands.

I turned my gaze to him, my mind reeled as I followed his hands gently wrap mine up, why exactly was he here? I thought he was told not to see me anymore cause he was the one who let me escape...

"There, little bird. You are all fixed up, now you have to get cleaned up." He explained cutting off my thoughts reminding me what that meant.

I shook my head, tears start threatening to pour over my eyes once more, "No,no no... please I don't want to... please just let me go... take me to Kisuke he can help, please."

Gin's hand grabbed my face, his blue eyes falling onto my own, his expression unreadable.

"Stop thinking like that. That talk will get you killed, Samantha. Do you want to want to die?"

I shook my head slowly biting back my sob, "no."

"Then follow the rules he has set for you and live. And when the moment comes to fight back, you do so but not is not the time." His hand,dropped from my face and pushed my messed up hair back. "Be a good little bird and do as you are told."

I felt his lips press against my forehead before he completely vanished in a blink of an eye, leaving me alone and confused.

My hand drifted up to my head were I still felt the lingering warmth of Gin's lips on my forehead, why the hell did he do that...it was so out of character for him...or at least from what I knew so far it was. Lowering my hand to the other I looked at both of my bandage wrapped hands before looking at the shattered mirror in front of me.

"He was right, I really made a mess..."

I took the next several minutes, cleaning up the shattered mirror and cleaning myself up as well as I could. After running some warm water over my now sore face, I took one finally deep sigh and turned toward the door to my room. I knew now if I wanted to see the end of this story, I need to follow Gin's advice and be a good little bird. I reprised a small smile as I touched my forehead once more...Thank you Gin.

Lowering my hand and marching forward opening the door and stepped out into my room where Ulquiorra still was. He was standing by the bed, his hand wrapped around a familiar red object. His gaze focused on the object as if he was analyzing it and seeing what exactly was made up of. I watched as he didn't to acknowledge me even as I made my way over to the other side of the bed to watch him. His hands glided over the red flower hair clip slowly and gently as if he was holding a small bird.