Chapter Forty.

[A/N] -Thanks for 4K reads :')

Song in media (top): Todrick Hall - 4 The 2000's

Simon's Point of View

Medusa and I sit in the kitchen, not doing anything in particular. Every now and then we exchange smiles/glances, and every now and then we see how each other is: you know, just making sure the other person in okay, or needs anything at all. Other than that, the kitchen is silent- the only thing that can be heard is the light breeze coming from the garden.

~

A few minutes pass by and that's when the silence fades.

Vik happily walks into the kitchen, whistling away like one of the 7 dwarfs from Snow White. All he needs to do now to really be one of the dwarfs is to sing "Hi Ho".

"Oh, hello Simon. Hello Medusa." Vik cheerily smiles at us as he walks over to the fridge. "Hi." I respond in a monotone voice. "Yes, hello Vik." Medusa pipes up. "And how is everyone?" Vik asks as he grabs something from the fridge- probably a can of Dr. Pepper or something. "Alright, you?" I ask, not really caring. "I'm good thanks Simon." Vik nods as he closes the fridge before turning around to face me and Medusa properly.

"Med? Earth to Medusa." Vik says as he steps forward and taps Medusa on the shoulder. "Hmm?" She hums innocently as she looks up at him. "You okay?" Vik asks, sounding worried. "I'm good. I'm good." Medusa nods, reassuring him. "You sure? You spaced out." Vik asks. "I'm positive, Vik." Medusa smiles. "Okay." He nods.

~

"So, anything happening today?" Vik asks, feeling awkward. "Not really." I shake my head. "Oh..." Vik sighs.

"I know Freezy wants to go out tonight. You guys going?" Vik pipes up after a brief silence. "Might do." I shrug. "What about you, Medusa?" Vik asks. "I have nothing better to do, so sure." She shrugs. "Sorted then. I'll go and let him know." Vik smiles before quickly walking out the kitchen.