Chapter 7 - Haunted

I wake up in the morning to see Jer is still asleep. I slowly and quietly slip out of bed and get ready for a self-defense class, like yesterday I again jog all the way to the class. I thought the pain would be less after every class but no it just keeps getting worse. I don't think I can drive all the way to school. When I enter my room I see Jer was still asleep, so being the nice sister I am I put my MP3 player on the highest volume before putting on some rock band. As the music starts Jeremy falls off the bed and tries to sit up from the horrible wake up call. I start laughing and run into the bathroom as soon as I see him look at me. I take a shower and try to get Jer's face as he fell down out of my head.

When I get downstairs Jer is making coffee and giving me small glares

When I get downstairs Jer is making coffee and giving me small glares. I am actually shocked that he is already dressed and looks like he is going somewhere. "Good morning Jer." I greet him with the biggest smile possible just to annoy him a bit. All he does is glare back. "Okay, I'm sorry. Forgive me?" I ask with a small pout. "Only if you do me a favor," Jer replies with a smile. Sneaky little jerk. "What do you want?" I ask him seriously. "I'm going to look for Vicki, will you cover for me?" He asks me. Well, that explains his readiness. "Sure. Don't worry we'll find her. I'm going to help Matt go look for her later. She'll be fine." I say and am really tempted to tell him everything, but I shouldn't. "Thanks, Elle. I hope we find her and she's okay." Jer says with a worried smile. Me too. All I could do was smile at him.

The whole day at school I couldn't help but think about Vicki and if she's okay. I know she was an addict would that change how she adapts? Or if anyone like Logan or the council found out about her? I hope Stefan and Damon can help her, even though I don't really trust either of them, I just hope for Vicki's, Matt's and even Jer's sake they can help her. For a minute I think about going to the boarding house and checking on her but that would create a lot of suspicions. Since school was over I decided to go to the Donovan house."Hey Matt." I greet as soon as he opens the door."Hey Ari, what are you doing here?" Matt asks ending with a yawn. He looks like he hasn't slept at all or even eaten."You won't even let me in?" I ask before barging in. "Sorry," Matt replies. He looks like a lost puppy. "Sit, I'll make you something to eat," I tell him as we walk into the kitchen. "Ari I'm not hungry." Matt insists. Really? You look starved. "Matt you won't be able to help Vicki or even look for her if you are sick yourself. Just eat and then we can both go down to the station or look around town once more if you want. Okay?" I tell him while making a simple sandwich and coffee for him. "Okay you're right, thanks," Matt says. "You're welcome besides I'm always right," I tell him and call Jer while Matt eats and he tells me they haven't found anything yet. Once Matt is done we both go to the station. "Hi Sheriff Forbes, we wanted to know if you found anything about Vicki's whereabouts?" Matt asks and Liz looks up at us. "I'm sorry Matt, but no we haven't. Don't worry we're not giving up. We'll find her." Liz replies with a kind smile. I hug Matt as his eyes start to water. "Thanks, Liz. Please let us know if we can help." I tell her. Liz nods and I take Matt out of the station. When we reach his truck I wrap my arms around him and feel him do the same with a tight grip. He doesn't cry just holds onto me and I feel guiltier every second. "How about we go back and you can rest for some time? Then we'll go look for her?" I suggest. It is almost sunset and I just want him to rest a bit. "Okay. But don't you want to go to the Halloween party?" Matt asks me. "Matt, finding Vicki is more important and I hate parties anyways. So let's go." I tell him and he smiles at me. We drive in silence and when we reach I send Matt to his room and start to clean up a bit.