Chapter 15 - Goodbye Mystic Falls

I wake up at 5 and go to take a nice long shower. After stepping out I choose to wear black leggings and a big sweater that was a gift from Matt and Tyler last year. I get dressed and go downstairs. I send a text to Matt, Ty, and Care to come by 6:15 so we could have breakfast together. "Hey, Jenna. What are you doing up so early? Everything okay?" I ask as I see her sitting in the living room. "Yeah, yeah everything's fine. I just wanted to spend time with you if that's okay?" Jenna asks. "I would love that. Come on you can help me make breakfast, Matt, Ty, and Care are coming too, so we'll need lots of food." I tell her and we both make our way towards the kitchen. "I was thinking of pancakes and coffee. So you can start the coffee machine and I'll start the pancakes." I tell her and start to work. Jenna and I were laughing at a story she told me about when Jer and I had run away from home; after dad had read Peter Pan, to go look for Neverland. "I can't believe we actually did that. How far did we get?" I ask her while trying to imagine little versions of me and Jer running away with little backpacks. "Not very far. You both thought that the way was through the woods and stopped when you saw The Falls, thinking it was the way to Neverland since going through a star wasn't possible for you both, you jumped into the water. Thankfully you knew how to swim and were able to pull both of you out of the water. When we found you, you were crying since Jeremy wouldn't wake up. You were so relieved when he woke up. You wouldn't let him go, for the next 5 days you followed him everywhere." Jenna says. "Wow. That's an adventure." I tell her and she starts to tell me another story.

We are just setting plates when there is a knock on the door. "I got it," I tell Jenna and she smiles at me. I open the door expecting to find my three idiotic friends but find Stefan instead. "Elena's asleep. You can go if you want." I tell him and turn around and walk back when he grabs my hand. "Ari I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry, can you forgive me?" Stefan pleads. Why would I? "No Stefan I can't. If you are here for this then please leave I don't want you to ruin my last day's memories." I tell him with slight anger and sadness. "Ari please..."  Stefan says. He doesn't get to complete his sentence as someone comes and stands in front of me "You heard her. So leave." Ty says and I couldn't help but smile, knowing him and Matt would always protect me. Stefan looks at me once and then leaves. "Thanks, Ty," I tell him and he hugs me. "Anytime. What's for breakfast?" Ty asks. I laugh and hug him. "Pancakes. Hey Care, Matt." I say and then hug Matt and Care. We all go to the kitchen and see Jenna and Jer both already seated.

We all eat and laugh as Jenna tells everyone about mine and Jer's Neverland adventure. Since Jenna had to leave she gave me a hug and made me promise to call every day. After that Matt and Ty put my bags in the car while I and Care finish cleaning the kitchen and Jer went to get dressed. "Come on guys let's go," Ty shouts from outside. Care and I are almost out the door so we purposely move slowly to make him angry. "Come on guys we'll be late if you keep moving that slow," May says as he and Jer laugh at Ty's expression. "He's right. Let's go." I tell Care and we link our arms and fast walk towards the car. We both sit in the backseat with Jer. "Let's go," I yell at Ty and he glares at me before driving. The drive was silent with music playing on the radio.

As we get closer to the airport; the realization that I'm leaving and going to a whole new city, where I don't know anyone hits me hard and I don't realize I am crying until Jer pulls me into a hug and Care wraps her arms around us. "It's okay Ari, you'll be back soon and you get to live your dream," Care says as Jer smiles down at me. "She's right. Everything will be fine." Jer assures me. For the rest of the ride, I just stay in Jer's arms. We soon reach and get out of the car. Matt and Ty get my bags out. "This is it I guess," I say to them. "Yeah," Care says and hugs me once more. "I got something for you," Matt says as he hands me a small pouch. I open it to see a locket that opens; inside it, on one side there was a picture of Ty, Matt, Care and me and on the other side a family photo. "Thanks, Matt. This is amazing." I tell him and hug him tightly as a few tears escape. Matt helps me put it on.

Ty and Care smile mischievously and I know that their gift was definitely stupid. "We got this for you. We both also got you separate gifts. This one's from me." Care says and gives me two gifts. I open the first one that's from both Ty and her to find a fake I.D., Of course, they would. "Why?" I ask them while looking at the I.D it even has a fake name. Idiots. "Well you're going to New York and you being you probably wouldn't even think about going to a club or anything so this is for when we annoy you enough to go," Ty tells me with a wide smile. "Thanks, I guess." The one from Care has a red scarf. Then Ty hands me his gift which was a Zune music player. "Thank you, guys. I should go." I hug all of them one last time and then walk towards the airport.

After security and all the other formalities, I am finally on my seat and I am getting a bit anxious since this would be my first time flying alone. I put on my seat belt then take the Zune; seeing that Tyler had already put my favorites in and play some music to ease my nerves. After 15 minutes the flight takes off and I close my eyes and clutch the armrest. When we finally leveled I looked down through the window and found myself getting excited about the new experience. I guess it's Goodbye to Mystic Falls for now.