Chapter 10 - The Turning Point

I wake up to my stupid alarm and groan in annoyance before getting up and getting ready for another day of tired limbs and supernatural activities. After a whole lot of beating and failure, I finally am back home and in my sweet bed and almost have peace. The keyword being almost. Before I can fall asleep Jeremy comes into the room and returns the lovely gesture of our relationship by playing some loud emo song. Ouch, that fall did not help my limbs. I just glare at the cheeky jerk before going to take a nice hot shower. "We only 15 minutes Elle. Hurry up I don't want to be late." Jer shouts. Yeah as if. He just wants to meet Vicki. Yup Vicki's coming back to school which is just awesome. No, it's not. This going to be a headache. At least Matt and Jer are happy. After going downstairs I drink the coffee Jer made for me and then we both leave for school. Jeremy was practically bouncing in his seat. "Jer, I want you to keep this just in case of an emergency. It's filled with vervain, if Vicki can't control herself or if she tries to attack someone use it. Okay?" I tell Jer while handing him a syringe filled with vervain. "Okay Ari, I promise. You have to tell me how you got there by the way." He tells me before hiding the syringe and getting out of the car.

The classes were a bit prolonged or maybe that was me. I noticed Stefan wasn't there at school today and I needed to talk to him. It was lunch so I decided to call him and inform him about Logan the vampire. "Hey Stefan, you alone? I seriously need to talk to you." I tell him as soon as he answers the call. "Hey Ari and give me sec.... Yeah, I'm alone now. What's wrong?" He answers sounding tired. Can't blame him, it seems as though we couldn't go a day without problems. "Okay, so I'm sure you already know there's a new vampire in town. I know who it is. Can we talk face to face? I need to go, Vicki seems to have a hard time right now. Okay? Bye." I tell him before cutting the call. Reaching Vicki I see that she was breathing hard. "Vicki, come on. Let's go." I take her hand and lead her towards the back of the school. "Hey, deep breaths. And here eat this. I know it's not blood but it should help." I say and hand her the sandwich I bought.

"Vicki here," Stefan says as he appears beside us. These vampires are going to be the death of me. "Hey, thanks for coming. Sorry if I gave you a scare." I tell Stefan as Vicki drank the blood. "No problem. And you did give me a scare. I expected Vicki to be feasting on the students, not a sandwich." I laugh at that before getting serious. "Okay, so we have a major problem. Logan Fell is a vampire. He's going to be a big problem Stefan, not only is he a council member but he is also a jerk and conceited. Who turned him?" I ask him. Stefan actually seemed to pale at the news. "I don't know who turned him but you are right he is going to be difficult to handle. Don't worry Lexi and I will handle it. I'll tell Damon too." Stefan says. That's a stupid plan. "Yeah, and how are you going to explain how you know about Logan being a vampire? Because I don't want Damon to know I know. Please." I tell Stefan and Vicki comes to stand next to us since she was done and she seems much better. "How do you know Logan's a vampire anyway?" Stefan questions me instead. "Well, he came to visit Jenna last night and asked if he could come in. I said no obviously but he's not going to give up." I tell him. Vicki seems lost on what to do or say. "Okay I can tell him we were talking and you told me how Logan was annoying Jenna. That wouldn't be suspicious right?" Stefan asks. It's a bit better than his other plan. "Okay, just be careful," I tell him.

After school, I head toward the falls since it's been a long week. I sketch Lexi and Stefan and then Jeremy. When I am done it is nearly 5 so I decided to go and get myself beaten by Josh (her trainer). I leave the class after 6:30 since there was a career fair at school. I go home and change my clothes after taking a shower and head towards the school. I spot Jenna as soon as I enter the career fair and see that she was talking to Alaric. Good for her. My mood changes as soon as I see Logan at fair talking to the Sheriff. That's not good at all. I text Stefan telling him about Logan and head towards where I see Jeremy and Tyler. "Hey." I greet them and give them both a look that told then not to fight. "Hey Ari, what are you planning to be? Still wanna be a pop star?" Ty asks. I totally forgot about that. "No, not really. The plan didn't really work out. Still, want to be a Spartan?" I ask him in turn. Tyler and I had decided to be a pop star and Spartan when we were six, Tyler had promised to be my bodyguard after he finished the training to be a Spartan. It was an odd dream but we were kids so. "What would I do as a Spartan? I don't have a pop star to protect anymore." Ty replies and we both laugh at that and Jer cracks a smile too. Before we could continue Stefan comes next to me and tells me we had to go, so I tell them I would find them later and not to fight.