Chapter 8 - 162 Candles

The next morning as I am getting ready for class all I can think about was how I will tell Jer about vampires and everything I know. He's supposed to worry about his scores and girls, not all this nonsense. As soon as I get home I shower and start the coffee. I have the Gilbert journals spread on my bed along with two cups of coffee. Soon enough I hear both Elena and Aunt Jenna leave and soon after Jer comes in. I motion him to sit and hand him a coffee. I start by showing him the journals and then telling what all I have seen, about Stefan, Damon and most importantly Vicki. I tell him how Damon had turned her and how Elena wanted him to forget. I tell him about vervain in his bracelet and hot chocolate which was why Vicki had screamed after biting him.

 I tell him about vervain in his bracelet and hot chocolate which was why Vicki had screamed after biting him

He just sits there for a few minutes and stares at the journals which were expected. "Jer you can't go confront Elena or anyone. If they know that you know about all this they'll try everything in their power to make sure you forget every single detail even with the vervain bracelet. Do you understand?" I ask him. He doesn't reply and for a moment I think he didn't hear me. "But why Elle this is so unfair can I at least talk to Vicki?" Jer asks sounding miserable. I don't think that is a good idea at all. "Maybe but not now. Right now Vicki has a lot to learn and she doesn't have much control. You can call and text but maybe avoid meeting her. Sorry, Jer." I tell him honestly. He looks down before giving a short okay and leaving.

After the whole story telling, I go to The Grill mostly to eat and to meet Matt. I had texted him to meet me there, he was already in a booth when I reach. "Hey, loser." I greet him. Thankfully he didn't look like a zombie. "Hey, Ari." He greets me with a smile. "I already ordered for both us. Do you want to explain why you asked me to trust Stefan with my sister?" Matt asks me. I didn't think he would ask. "Look, Matt, Stefan has experience with the addiction thing and I really think he can help Vicki. He was an addict for some time too." I tell him. Guess that's the official story now, I should probably tell Stefan. "Does Elena know that?" Matt asks. Really Matt do you ever think outside Elena wonderland? "Yeah, besides shouldn't you be more about Vicki? Seriously, Matt, you need to move on." I tell him. He gives me a blank stare which I return with a look that says you know I'm right. He finally says, "I am worried about Vicki and you're probably right about Elena." That's the best I'm gonna get. After that, we talk about stupid school stuff and eat our food. I say bye to Matt and decide to go talk to Stefan.

As I walk out I see Damon with Caroline. I rush to her side since I know he will try to compel her and that won't work because of the necklace I gave her. "Hey, Care. Hey Damon." I greet them as soon as I get to their side. I don't think Damon would try anything now, I don't know why I would think that. He happens to be a psychopath. "Hey, Ari" Caroline greets me with a hug. "Hello, Arielle." Damon greets with a somewhat annoyed smile. "So Care, I was thinking if you would want to go shopping?" I ask her. I can't believe I said that; on the positive side Caroline would never refuse shopping and on the other hand she will drag me around for hours. "Yeah, that sounds amazing. Let's go." She says and loops our hands and turns us towards the mall before Damon interrupts. "Hey, we were talking." His words are directed towards me and his eyes are filled with anger. I know he wouldn't risk exposing himself but I had to be careful. "You can talk later, shopping is very important right now," I tell him with a smile before waving goodbye and tugging Caroline with me.