Chapter 6 - Lost Girls

I wake up to my alarm at 5 and change into some leggings and t-shirt and start to jog to my defense class. Today the trainer is teaching how to handle an attack from behind. It was a tiny success I actually landed one hit, trust me it's a success. After that, I go to my archery class, which I'm becoming good at.

I finally get home and am seriously tired, so I just collapse on my bed. When I wake up again it is afternoon and there is a commotion downstairs. When I reach the living room, I see Stefan, Elena, Matt, Vicki, and Jer all staring at the TV that was showing about the murders that happened at the cemetery. "She's really messed up," Matt tells Stefan. "Hey is everything okay? Vicki, you look sick." I ask very concernedly. "Elena, back up. Vicki, look at me. Focus. You're gonna be fine. Everything's gonna be fine. Guys, take her up to bed. Shut the blinds. She's gonna be ok. Come on. Come on." Stefan tells everyone. What? Wouldn't she know if she's fine or not? Whatever, I pretend to go to the kitchen so I can hear what they are saying.

"You know what's wrong with her?" Elena asks

"You know what's wrong with her?" Elena asks. Straight to the point. "Yeah," Stefan replies vaguely. "What is it?" Elena questions impatiently. "She's transitioning," Stefan tells her. Oh my God. "Transitioning to what?" Elena asks and I almost shout; a unicorn dimwit. "A vampire." Stefan answers. How is he not tired of her questions? "What?" Elena asks again. Keep up, Elena. "Damon must have gotten to her. She's new. She hasn't completed her transformation yet." Stefan the professor replies. "H-how does she do that?" Elena asks and I realize that she is not prepared. She has to sacrifice a soul in a ritual. Seriously does she know anything? "She has to feed on human blood," Stefan says, ever the patient one. "And what if she doesn't?" Elena questions. She dies, at least according to the journals."She'll die. She may only have a few hours." Stefan says sadly. See I told you. "She's upstairs with him right now," Elena states the obvious. "It's ok. She doesn't know what's happening to her yet." Stefan assures her. "So when is she gonna know?" Elena asks. Geez, she asks so many questions. "Right now, she doesn't remember anything. A part of her is still human, but slowly, the deeper she gets into the transition, the memories will start to come back, and then she'll know she has to make the choice." Stefan the professor explains. I'm so sleep-deprived. "The same choice you made?" Elena accuses. Harsh.

Suddenly Vicki comes down followed by Jer. I go to stand next to him. "She was fine, and then she just...she just freaked out," Jer explains. "I'm gonna go look for her. Call me if you hear anything." Matt says hurriedly. "Want me to come with you?" I ask Matt, he could use help. "Thanks, Ari." He replies and I know he's grateful. "I'll just get a jacket I'll see you outside," I tell him."I can track her." Stefan says to Elena. Creepy Stef is really creepy. "Go." Elena orders. Geez, he's not a dog. "Don't worry we'll find her," I tell Jer as I hug him, he returns it and I go after giving him a small smile.

"Maybe we should start by checking at the places she usually goes to," I suggest as Matt starts his truck. "Yeah, that's a great idea. Maybe The Grill, our house too." He says. "Yeah, I think we should check the cemetery too you know she could be sad about her friends..?" I trail off with a question. "Yeah, a good idea. Okay, we could start at the cemetery and then The Grill." Matt quickly rushes out. "Or you could drop me off at the cemetery and then you could go to The Grill and head off home if you don't see her there and I'll call if I find her at the cemetery," I tell him. I don't know why I suggested that. "That's a great plan. Thanks so much, Ari, call me if you find her." Matt tells me as we reach the cemetery. "Of course, be careful," I tell him as I get out of the truck.

I watch as he leaves in his truck. You can do this I tell myself and start to walk. I have been walking for some time and am pretty sure I am lost until I hear voices. You don't follow voices in a cemetery Arielle, I tell myself as I start following the voices. As I get closer I see Stefan, Damon and whom I assumed to be Vicki. "It's wood. They know. If anyone's gonna kill you, it's gonna be me. My ring." Damon says to Stefan and I can see the Gilbert watch next to Logan's body. I want it pretty stupid I know. Especially with two vampires and another soon to be vampire around, but I am pretty close to Logan so I start to walk slowly towards his body. Vicki is staring at Logan's body too, but for a totally different reason. It's not worth the risk. So I slowly start backing up and look for a way out.

I am walking home and have already called Matt to tell him Vicki wasn't at the cemetery

I am walking home and have already called Matt to tell him Vicki wasn't at the cemetery. As soon as I reach home I see Stefan about to leave. "Oh my God, Stefan are you okay?" I ask since I can see blood on his shirt and it was the common reaction. "Yeah it's just a stupid prank Damon played, did you find Vicki?" Stefan replies. Nice save. "No we didn't, are you okay? You seem upset." I ask him concerned. He did, he looked depressed. "Oh, yeah Elena and I broke up. I'll be fine and I hope you find Vicki." Stefan replies while attempting to smile. Typical Elena if it gets difficult just dump the guy. "Do you want to come in, have coffee or something and talk? I'm a pretty good listener." I tell him with a smile of my own. What am I doing? He's a killer, a vampire. And I'm just a hormonal teenager apparently. I just like the butterflies he gives me and maybe with Elena gone I could actually have a chance. "Thanks, that would be great."

We both go to the kitchen and I start making hot chocolate. "So what happened? Why did you guys break up." I ask as I set down our mugs. "She was upset about my past and that I hid secrets from her. And Damon has been feeding into those things. I don't know what I expected though Damon always does that, he ruins everything." Stefan rants. Wow, I didn't think he would tell me all that. "Well you obviously don't hide secrets that are basically lying and no relationship built on lies lasts long. And if she doesn't like your past then she doesn't actually like you, you're supposed to like every aspect of the person you want to be with even their flaws. I'm sorry I know said I would listen, okay now I'll only listen." I rant in return. "No it's fine that's actually a good point and you're a pretty good listener. Listen to thanks for this, but I should get going." Stefan says while smiling gratefully. Yeah probably and avoid me too cause I won't be able to do that. "Yeah of course and it's nothing I'm always here to listen. Bye Stef, goodnight." I tell him as I collect the cups and put them in the dishwasher. "Goodnight and thanks for the offer." He says and I walk him to the door, before going to my room and deciding to call it a night.

There is a knock at my door and I open it to see Jer. "Hey, everything okay?" I ask as he comes in and sits on my bed. "Yeah, I just wanted to know if you found her." He says looking really upset and a bit scared too. "No Jer, sorry but don't worry we'll find her soon. You wanna stay here tonight?" I ask him. "Thanks that would be great Elle." He says and lays down under the covers and I do the same. "Do you really think she'll be okay?" Jer asks me. "Yeah, she's a tough girl Jer, she'll be just fine. Get some sleep, you can help find her tomorrow okay?" I reassure him. "You're probably right and yeah I could go help. Night Elle." Jer agrees. "Night Jer," I tell him. Jeremy was out like a light, but I couldn't sleep all I could think about was Vicki now being a vampire and Damon now having the watch.

Since my mind wouldn't shut down, I take out my laptop and the few journals I have kept in my room and start to look for what all Jonathan Gilbert made. After about two hours my eyes started to droop so I shut down my laptop and hide the journals along with my own little journal about the supernatural and go to sleep.