-Chapter fifty eight-

Emilia

'I hate this game now' I state as I pressed down hard on the buttons, Dustin and Max watch in amazement as I manage to lose all four rounds that I've played, and I curse at the arcade game as I face my loss and move away from it. Within one hour of spending time with the two of them in the arcade, I'm sure I've spent more than ten dollars on these games I'm failing miserably at.

I let them finish up their games before we decide to leave, and we all make our way to Steve, who's leaning against his car with his arms folded, and since we've taken longer than we promised, he wore a dissaproving look on his face causing me to flash him a sympathetic smile.

'We got caught up again, sorry' I apologize as we get into his car and he sighs and says it's fine before driving off. He remained quiet for most of the car ride, causing me to grow suspicious as to why he wasn't joining into our conversation.

'You're acting strange' I state as we drop off Dustin and Max, the car is finally empty so I can just talk to him without any disruptions. But as soon as I call him out on his odd behavior, he just shakes his head and tells me he's tired.

'I know there's something wrong, if it's Billy, I can talk to him-' I start but Steve cuts me off instantly.

'No, it's not Hargrove. I'm just exhausted, it's been a long week, let's just go to my house and forget about it' Steve suggests as he starts to back out of the driveway and makes his way to his house, and I exhale heavily before facing the fact that Steve was definitely hiding something, but was being a stubborn ass, so maybe I'd have to pry it out of someone who can give me answers.

But for now, I had to settle with the fact that I was going to get unanswered questions over the weekend, and have to wait for Monday to do some investigating.

____________

Monday

'You can't keep doing this to me, the last time was a bust' I complain to my teacher who's assigning me yet again to a new student, for the hundredth time. At first the idea sounded appealing, until I had two bad experiences, I mean look what happened with Aaron.

But my teacher just handed me the slip with the students name on it, and gave me a reassuring smile, causing me to groan while I pack up my things and pull my bag onto my back.

'He's a nice boy, look after him today' She says as I trudge toward the door and swing it open before grudgingly making my way to the office.

I swear if I get there and see another deceiving idiot like Aaron, I'm going to rip this slip to shreds and run out of the school office. Nancy isn't here to help me because she's going to be gone this whole week for some family trip, so fingers crossed I can manage this one on my own, and actually give them helpful information.

I sucked in a breath as I entered the school office, revealing the fresh faced student waiting for me on the seats. I felt my stomach twist in knots as he turns and faces me, his beautiful brown eyes meet mine, and instantly I feel my throat dry from the sight of them.

He was gorgeous, his chocolate coloured skin looked smooth and gave off a glowing feel, and he was quite built, he looked athletic, like he played football or something. He was definitely a sight, but I know limits, and he was definitely off limits. So I plaster a friendly smile on and make my way toward him.

'Are you Jordan?' I question and he stands up before swinging his back on one of his shoulders.

'Yeah that's me, are you giving me the tour?' He questions, and I nod causing him to flash me a grin, revealing a deep dimple on his cheek, can he be any more gorgeous.