-Chapter nine-

Emilia

'Nothing happened between Steve and I, I swear to god nothing did, we just talked' I stutter out as I try to regain my back bone, but Billy was making it so hard to stand up to him. He could just give me one glare and I'd be shivering like a lost puppy.

'Oh, and that's why you've been running from me for a week huh?!' Billy shouts, causing me to jump slightly from his sudden outburst. But I wasn't going to back down in this argument, I wasn't going to be weak.

'I didn't do anything, we just talked!' I argue, my patience running thin, it was like talking to a brick wall.

'Right so you're kissing his ass now, as soon as I'm not available, you run to Harrington, I get it you little slut' Billy spits and I gasp at his words before folding my arms.

'Oh, so where were you then?' When I arrived at the party you weren't around, so where were you' I question him, spitting each word with venom as I put him on the spot. His jaw tensed and he brushed his fingers through his blonde hair and shook his head.

'You're going off topic-' He starts to stall but I cut him off before he could.

'Where were you Billy?' I question, my voice cracking as I struggle to maintain a strong appearance. He rubbed his face before stepping toward me.

'I was sleeping with some whore in Oliver's bedroom, but baby it meant nothing to me, I swear princess' Billy ushers as I begin to cry, the tears just streaming down my face as he tried to explain himself, but I pushed past him and head towards the door, but stop infront of it.

'I heard you two on the way to the bathroom, and I needed space, from you and everyone. Which is why I was outside talking to Steve-' I explain myself and Billy tries to pipe in when I mention Steve's name, but I don't let him.

'I was expecting this from the beginning' I mumble before I pull the door open and leave the bathroom while Billy called out for me.

I called Nancy after school, explaining to her about another lame excuse on why Billy was completely chasing after me like some mad man, but I could tell she didn't believe all of my story. To be honest, I didn't even think it sounded legit, but I didn't want to go into details of a relationship that was clearly over.

Dinner was dull, and I felt like using the fork on the table and jumping over the fence to stab Billy with it. He was busy playing his loud music all afternoon, and carried on until his parents came home. I felt like he was doing these things on purpose, in spite of me leaving him during an argument, and pretty much breaking up with him. But I didn't directly say I wanted to break up with him, I just indicated it, even then it's probably for the best.

I'm laying on my bed, staring at my ceiling while Billy raced through my mind. Making me question why I let these things happen in the first place. He was such a dick when it came to these things, and he contridicts himself like twenty four seven, I hated him for being a hypocrite too.

I rolled over when the phone started to ring and picked it up, barely holding it against my ear when I answered it.

'Hello?' I say tiredly into the phone.

'Uh- hey it's me Steve' Steve ushers into the phone, and I sit up instantly.

'Oh hey Steve, what's up?' I say as I up straight on my bed, wondering why Steve Harrington was calling me, the last time he did was when we were twelve.

'I needed a bit of advice, and help from you. For- uh Nancy' Steve whispers quietly.

'M'kay, what did you want advice for?' I ask as I pick at the duvet beneath my legs, and I hear him sigh heavily on the other side of the phone.

'On how to get her back'

We sat in the warm diner, shoving fries in our mouths and drinking our smoothies like nothing,  meanwhile making small talk and devising plans on how to help Steve and his situation with Nancy. I could tell he was antsy on winning Nancy back, but he wasn't too sure it would work, Nancy did seem pretty set on moving on.

'Look, most- well some girls like receiving gifts you know, like ones they like...' I trail off as I take a sip from my chocolate milkshake, meanwhile reminicising on the things Billy never bought me. It's only been physical from himself, but never actual gifts.

My statement causes Steve to nod his head frantically while a smile is placed on his face.

'Nancy, she likes roses, red ones I think, I could just take her those and apologize for being an asshole' Steve suggests and I nod at him.

'Sounds good, if you think it'll win her back and I'm sure she'll appreciate it alot' I reassure him and he gives me a confident smile before finishing off his food.

We drove down the dark road, windows down while the wind blew through the car rapidly. Causing my hair to flow viciously in the air, my cheeks were cold but I still faced my head toward the window anyway. Steve drove to the sound of the radio, knowing every song that played.

'We used to do this with my parents remember?' Steve questioned and I pulled away from the window and brushed my hair down.

'I remember, and then one day I accidently got sick in your car and then you got sick at the sight of me getting sick' I laugh at the weird but fond memory, and Steve seemed to remember it too. Which was good, because we spent the remainder of the drive just laughing over stupid memories.

Steve pulled up in my driveway and we sat in the car for a few moments, just enjoying the comfortable silence neither of us wanted to break.

'Thanks Steve' I say as I turn to him and leave a peck on his cheek, a wide grin places on his lips and nods at me.

'I'll call you' Steve says as we bid our goodbyes, and for the first time this week, I actually felt good.