-Chapter forty four-

Emilia

'Hey Em' Steve sighs out as he brushes his hand through his hair for the fifth time since he's sat down, and I lamely wipe my stray tears away and sniffle before greeting him quietly, this causes him to look at me and frown a little at my state.

'Hey-Shhh-Shh you're alright' Steve says as he inches closer and wraps an arm around my shoulder, and pulls me closer to him, and I begin to sob again as he comforts me warmly, fully shifting so that I'm tucked in his arms with my face buried into his neck. He rubs my back with his hand, cooing reassuring words to me while he did so, and I just let all my tears out and soaked his shirt with my crying.

'Shit- I-I'm sorry, I wet your shirt' I apologize as I pull away and look at the patch I've created on his shirt, and he just laughs as he looks down a waves a hand at me.

'It's fine, needed a wash anyway' Steve says and I nod silently before I let the silence surround us, I breath out heavily, finally stopping the last of my tears with an exhale and one last wipe with my sleeves. This leaves Steve to sit close to me silently, our knees touching while he wonders what to do with his arm that lingered at my side. And I tense a little when he places his hand on my leg, but I relax when he starts to caress my skin.

'I'm sorry for being an asshole to you, after that moment we had...I just felt embarrassed and didn't want to make things more awkward, I was upset but I didn't need to give you the cold shoulder, I hope we can over come this, and you can forgive me' Steve says quietly to me with a hopeful smile on his face, and I sigh heavily before turning to him and giving him a smile before placing my hand over his.

'Start back exactly where we left off' I say reassuringly and I see the charming smile spread across his face, before he stands up and dusts off his pants before he holds out his hand to hoist me up.

'Where are we going?' I laugh as he drags me behind him hastily toward his car down the street.

'Somewhere special' he responds and I let him lead me away to the special location he's planning on taking me to.

'How lucky am I to have Steve Harrington attend the same party I was stranded at, I mean what were the chances?' I laugh out as I place my hand against the little blue house beside us. I trace my finger along one of the badly drawn pictures, again being one drawn by me, and for some reason I drew a picture of a cat.

'Actually, I heard Billy was going to this one and figured you might tag along...and I wanted to see what the 'new king of Hawkins' did at these parties' Steve says sheepishly as he stares down at the grass and picks out some of the strands, and I let out a guilty chuckle.

'Same here, that's literally the only reason why I tagged along in the first place...well that and one other' I say reluctantly as tonight's events come flashing back, and I feel my chest tighten as I replay the recent memories, Steve looks at me and wears a curious look on his face, so I sigh heavily and get ready to give him the details.

I explain to Steve about tonight's events, right from the moment I asked Billy if I could attend this house party, to the moment we got to the house. I didn't hesitate to give full detail about Anna, she was pissing me off with just me thinking about her, and of course I had filled Steve in with Billy trusting her over me. And I watch cautiously as Steve's facials twist from confusion, to anger, then sympathy before I finish my story and let him respond. Instantly, I knew he was going to thrash out at Billy, and honestly I didn't mind at all.

'He's a fücking asshole, Anna too. You know what why do you love him?' Steve argues, his tone frustrated as he moves on to being angry at me for my decisions, and he was questioning me like he was doing the other night in the car.

'I don't know, I-I just do-' I stutter out, unsure of how to make my point solid, but it was weak right now, Billy has put me in a tough spot many times, and to be honest I don't think I should love him like I do.

'No Emilia, you shouldn't love him. He's a peice of shit, he's a liar, and tonight he's shown his true colours, he totally threw you under the bus for a girl he hardly knows. He doesn't treat you right, and you're too blind to see that!' Steve exclaims, raising his voice as he expresses how he feels, and I hush him as I look around us, but he doesn't stop.

'You deserve better Emilia, and he doesn't deserve you. You need someone you can rely on, that you can trust with everything and expect them to always be there for you. You need someone to love you like you should be loved, and maybe that someone is me...' Steve sighs out, his volume lowering as his sentence came to an end, and I feel my heart pound hard in my chest as he inches closer.

Again, it was like a broken record, the same feeling that I had gotten in the car had come back, grasping ahold of my feelings while my cheeks flushed red and my heart beat pounds in my chest. Steve was so close to me, his legs touching mine while his hands come up, one cupping my cheek while the other plants on my waist. I stutter out as his face slowly inches toward mine, and I blinked as I tried to figure out how to react.

'W-wait, what about Nancy?' I stutter out nervously before his face is too close to mine for our lips to touch, and I stare nervously into his deep brown eyes that were begging me for this moment.

'Jonothan needs Nancy right now, and right now I need you' Steve says before he shuts his eyes, sighs out heavily and inches closer to me before he moves foward to plant a kiss on my lips.

He deepens it softly, his hand cupping my face tightly as he passionately kissed me, and I could feel the excitement and relief through his kiss. I feel him smile against my lips before we pull apart for some air, and before I could open my mouth to speak, Steve presses his lips back against mine and he kisses me again.

We continue this for a few moments before I decided we had done enough and pulled apart, and he wore a satisfied smile on his face when I looked at him. He blinked at me as he brushed his brown hair back, anxiously watching to see if I had any sort of a regretful look on my face, but I didn't, in fact I wore the same smile as him.

'You're so corny Steve' I joke, breaking the comfortable silence and he gushes red before he shakes his head.

'I'm just a passionate man when it comes to you... and hey we can take things slow' Steve states and I nod in agreement as I think back on Billy and tonight's events, I didn't feel like I was doing anything wrong, he wanted a break. But I couldn't help but feel some guilt eating at me.

'Yeah, can we just go slow with this please...I'm just trying to wrap my head around the Billy thing' I say and Steve just agrees and brushes some stray strands out of his face before he stares at me, and smiles gingerly before he decides to go in for another kiss. I laugh into it and gently push him away when he refuses to let me part for air.

'I'll stop now, it's getting late I think I should drive you home before your mum notices your out past your curfew time' Steve jokes as he helps hoist me up and I roll my eyes before I let him walk us back to his car.

__________________
Stevilia, is a yes from me. Steve is best friend goals oml, and I'm trying to take it a bit slow with their relo atm, but yeah hope y'all like them too - D ♡