-Chapter fourteen-

Emilia

'And then I said to my friend Todd, no buddy you can't just sleep around, you might catch an STI, like could you believe how uncanny that is?' Roger laughed as he sat uncomfortably close to me, he smelt of bad liquor and expensive cologne, and dressed as if he was at a business meeting.

'Very..' I mumble out before pushing off of the couch and walking out of the living room full of boys who dressed like they were in their forties. When Aaron had mentioned a get together, and a date, I didn't know he meant taking me along to show his little group of friends that he could get a girl, he warmed up to me just to bring me here.

How sweet of him, I knew I should've just declined his offer. As soon as we arrived, he ordered me to get him a drink and forced me to sit down next to him, then he began to rant about how I was an easy catch, and his friends gazed at him like he was some kind of God.

By the looks of their friend group, I doubt most of them have even talked to a girl.

As I walked around the empty kitchen, distracting myself from the obnoxious laughing in the living room, Aaron snuck in behind me and offered me a drink, in which I declined instantly.

'Are you having fun?' Aaron questions, and I flash him a fake smile before pushing him lightly towards the kitchen entrance.

'Sure, just go along with your friends, I'll be out in a moment' I lie and he just gives me a smile before scurrying back into the living room. This get together was worse than any party I'd been to, and I hated parties.

So instead of pulling through and sticking around for the next few hours, on which Aaron explained to me on what he had planned, I searched the kitchen for their telephone. I wasn't going to last hearing their bad jokes and awkward stares any longer, I would probably end up smashing one of them over the head with the bottle of wine they shared.

I dialed the first number I could think of, which was Nancy's. It took a few rings but she eventually picked up. I explained to her my situation, and tried to keep my phone call discreet, or else someone would over hear my talking in the kitchen and ruin my way out.

'I'm grounded, my mother strictly said I couldn't use the car and I don't want to press it further, I'm really sorry Emilia' Nancy aplogizes sympathetically into the phone.

'It's fine, I'll call Jonothan, pray for me' I say before hanging up and dialing Jonothan's house number, he too took awhile to answer, but eventually he did.

'Hello?' Jonothan says, sounding slightly tired and worn out on the other side, I quickly give him a brief run over of my situation, but unfortunately he was stuck baby sitting Will, and Will was currently asleep, and he couldn't leave the house without him.

'Oh no that's fine, I'll catch you later' I say before I hang up. I curse under my breath as I start to pace around the room in deep thought of who to call next.

My parents couldn't pick me up because they were both at a work members go away party, and Nancy wasn't an option, neither was Jonothan. I couldn't walk home in the dark while it was cold out, twenty five minutes away from home. It would take me years before I reached my street.

'Emilia?!' Aaron calls out and I curse before responding.

'I'm coming!' I yell back before pacing quicker, and then someone comes into mind. Steve.

I quickly retrace his phone number, the same one I used to call years ago when I would call him during the middle of the day to plan our play dates. I know they live in the same house, and they should have the same number, but it was a long shot. I punch in the number I can slightly remember and wait for an answer. 

'Harrington residence' The familiar voice of Mrs.Harrington rings through the phone and I feel a wave of relief wash over me.

'Uh yeah Hi Mrs. Harrington, it's me Emilia Reeves' I say into the phone.

'Emilia? Oh how lovely, how are you darling? I haven't seen you in years' She says and I can just imagine her bright eyes, the same ones I would see when I helped her bake.

'Oh I'm very well, I know it's very random, but it's sort of urgent. Is Steve around?' I question hurriedly into the phone, and I hear her call out to someone before she gets back to me.

'Oh I'm sorry but you just missed him, he's out somewhere, but he didn't tell us, are you alright honey?' She questions and I hum in a response.

'I'm fine, just homework purposes, thank you anyway' I say before bidding my goodbyes and hanging up. Shit, I was lost on who to call, everyone was either stuck at home or busy out, my mind raced on who else to call, and finally a name came to mind.

One that could either hang up on me, or ridicule me for agreeing in the first place. But he was the only option left.

I punched in Billy's home number and waited for an answer. It took atleast under a minute for someone to pick up.

'Hello?' Max says into the phone and I'm relieved to hear it's her.

'Hey Max it's me Emilia, I know this is out of the blue, but I swear it's urgent, is Billy home?' I say.

'Yeah he's home, hold on-' She says to me before she calls out to him, then they argue back and forth, but eventually Billy comes to the phone. I hear him warn Max on how this call better not be a waste of time, and I suck in a breath.

'Yeah' he says into the phone and I sigh nervously.

'Uh- Billy, it's me Emilia'