♆Commemoration♆

"When the king comes down to speak with animals...animals. With his claws out for a feast; a cannibal, cannibal.

Who is gonna break the ice? No room for shallow alibis.

Who will be the first too bite? Or will we keep playing nice until the next time?" ~ Cannibal, Silversun Pickups

Commemoration

Waking up next to Cameron was like waking up next to a smaller, but brighter version of the sun.

His body pressed against mine radiated a cozy heat that reminded me of the feeling you get when the sun touches your skin. When my eyes opened to see his white T-shirt, my nose caught his delicious scent. I glanced up at his face and learned he was already awake, his blue eyes shining down at me with a fondness that made me want to squeal and crawl into a dark hole at the same time. The open window caused light to reflect off his blonde hair and gave him a halo of gold.

Even as everything inside me felt so happy and content, another part of me felt sick and uncomfortable.

"Good morning," he whispered, deep voice hoarse with sleep.

I smiled, enjoying the sound, "Good morning."

"How was your sleep?"

Chaotic.

"Good," I yawned despite my thoughts and snuggled closer. "You?"

"Absolutely wonderful."

"Mmhmm. And why is that?"

Cameron's breathe tickled my ear as he whispered, "Because I got to wake up next to you."

I sighed in satisfaction, leaning my head farther into him. My smile grew. He always knew how to say the right things to make me like him more. All the right things to make me feel like there was someone out there who cares about me other than my family. That feeling gave me a sense of security.

"And," he continued, "I get to do this."

Suddenly Cameron was on top of me, hands moving furiously around my abdomen causing me to jerk and squeal like a pig. I tried to tickle him back, getting a few good hits through his barrage. It was worth hearing his infectious laughter.

"S-stop," I screeched. My stomach was burning and my cheeks were aching. "Seriously."

It was a few minutes before he finally let up on his attack. Without getting off of me, he laughed. "That was pay back for that time on your balcony. I never got the chance to return the favor."

I narrowed my eyes at him, trying in vain not to smile. I started slapping his chest. "That," slap, "is," slap, "not," slap slap, "fair," slap slap slap slap. "I was high."

Cameron just grinned, not even flinching. Instead, he grabbed my wrists and pinned then down by my head in order to stop me.

"Your behavior was unacceptable," he scorned in mock seriousness. "Therefore, I had to punish you."

I pouted my lips. "Fine. Wasn't much of a punishment anyways."

Cameron's eyes flicked down to my lips. My heart stuttered as his eyes darkened the same way they did last night. I knew what he wanted, and I also knew he knew what I wanted, but I sure has hell didn't have a clue what I really desired. I told him we couldn't do any of what we did the night before, not while I was 'with' Logan. But a part of me knew that wasn't the only reason why I told him not to kiss me. I also knew another part of me wanted to kiss him, too. Contradictory, these emotions were.