♆Conjecture♆

"Now there's green light in my eyes, and my love on my mind. And I'll sing from the piano, tear my yellow dress, and cry and cry and cry

over the love of you." ~ Over the Love, Florence + The Machine

Conjecture

For the next few weeks, Logan and I had come to an unspoken agreement.

Every night he was home, Logan would sneak into my bed. No words would be exchanged, and in the morning, he'd be gone. Everytime he did sleep with me, there would be no nightmares whatsoever. It was like his presence scared away Fredrick's ghost or something. It worked so well, I began to look forward to his nightly visits and became afraid of the days he wouldn't be home.

This morning I was expecting him to have disappeared from my room. What I wasn't expecting was a shirtless Logan shaking me awake, yelling at me to take my clothes off. If this were any other girl in my position, they'd be ripping off every article hiding their bodies.

Too bad I'm Logan's wife and not every other girl.

"What?" I yawned, swiping hair off my face.

Logan was frantic. He kept looking behind himself at the door and back at me. The whole situation was really funny until he started to unbutton his jeans.

"Hey, hey, hey." I slapped a hand over his. Logan glanced up at me, then down at my hand. I quickly snatched it back to myself, blushing.

I cleared my throat. "What are you doing exactly?"

He sighed, and stood straight up. "My dear daddy forgot to tell us a couple of reporters are coming over this morning to interview the newly weds." Logan's voice was calm so I knew he was pissed. He ran a hand threw his sandy brown hair, and slapped it back down to his side. "And what do new weds do the most when they are alone, in bed?"

Suddenly him telling me to take off my clothes made sense.

"Oh," I said, eyes widened. "So what? The reporters are just going to barge in?"

"Yup. It's a surprise, live special on the royals," Logan replied.

"Well, why can't we just lay in bed next to each other? Does it have to look like we just...you know?"

Logan rolled his eyes. "Look, do you think I want to be caught dead in bed with some one like you?"

Okay. Ouch.

"Just...do what I say, and we won't get caught."

"Fine," I said, folding my arms across my chest.

He started unbuttoning his jeans again. "Take off your shirt."

I sighed and looked anywhere but at him. My hands fiddled with the hem of my t-shirt, contemplating whether or not I should listen to him. Fortunately, I decided to wear a bra to sleep last night. I thought that if Logan was going to be sleeping next to me for a while, I have to be cautious in case he decided to try something. Even if Logan had probably seen more of me than I'd ever want him to, I still was self conscious.

"Sage, do it," he commanded, pulling the pants off his muscular legs.

I face palmed. My face burned when I noticed he was only in his underwear. "I can't just strip down for you."

Logan glared down at my shirt. A ringing noise pierced the ear, and he allowed his power to flow freely.

Rippp.

The sound of my shirt tearing right down the middle made my temper rise. Seriously? Who does this guy think he is? I was going to attack him with a barrage of insults, but my words were muffled by his lip's eating mine up. I tried to pull back. Logan grabbed the back of my head, forcing me against him hard. I finally gave up trying to get away from him when I realized there was no way out of his grip.