♆Amoveo♆

"Bedroom floor
And silence in my blood
Sorry love I'm running home
I'm a child of sun and the stars I love."

~ Berlin, RX Y

L o g a n

As the first few rays of sun penetrated the gaps between the curtains, my eyelids fluttered open. A yawn fell from my lips and I pulled my body taut to stretch out kinks that settled in during sleep. On instinct, my hands roamed the other side of the bed.

I sighed. Gone.

The only indication I had that Sage had bothered to rest the night before was the fact the sheets she once laid on were still slightly warm. It's been like this every day since we traveled to find Julianna. I thought things would change, that maybe I would get the chance to prove myself worthy of her attention, but she was as cold as ever. We've barely exchanged good nights let alone good mornings. I'm not sure if she was embarrassed about what occurred between us in my little cousin's bathroom or confused. She wasn't running away, but she wasn't staying either.

Just give her time, I told myself. Yes, she just needs time. Besides, there are bigger problems to worry about.

With that in mind, I heaved myself out of the comfort of my bed. Three sharp knocks on my bedroom door grabbed my attention while I rummaged through my closet.

"Come in," I commanded, throwing a rather ugly plaid shirt off a hanger and into a corner.

Joseph greeted me from behind, "Good morning, Your Highness. Would you like to go over your itinerary for the day?"

Shoving away five different shirts, I rolled my eyes and turned toward my old friend. He was standing stoically, holding out an ironed button down, dark blue shirt and dark wash jeans. Beside his feet were my favorite pair of boots.

Gratefully, I grabbed his offering. "Yes, of course. What would I do without you, Jo?"

He rolled his eyes and pursed his lips. "You would surely perish, Your Highness. Itinerary?"

"Lay it on me." I nodded, changing into the outfit.

He cleared his throat. "This morning, you have a meeting with the leaders of the Wayfore coven to discuss the issue of borders. It appears Reid has been a little absent minded. A few of his trusted soldiers have invaded – I mean, visited – a piece of their sacred land rather frequently."

I shook my head in annoyance. Wayfore was one of the four smaller conventries along the outskirts of Twilight and Nightfall. If something out there is harboring even a fraction of my father's attention, I'll have to make it my business to find out exactly what it is.

"I scheduled a lunch for you with a few low-grade generals of your father's military. It appears a few of them are missing payment for their work during the war. There is a fundraiser for orphans Sage and your sister will be attending later this evening." He glared at me on this one with narrowed eyes. "You weren't formally invited, but I am sure your appearance would be duly appreciated. And last, but not least...you have a guest."

I kissed my teeth, tilting my head. "Care to be a little less vague?

Joseph just smirked, turning to leave the room. "They are waiting for you in the study. I also took the liberty of having a small breakfast laid out, but eat quickly. The Wayfore meeting starts at 10." His feet were just past the threshold when he turned around for one more afterthought. "Oh, Sage got up early for a morning run. She told me to tell you she will be at the first meeting, but not the second."