"What the hell happened?" Mary yelled running through the back door as I was trying to get past Arthur out the front.

"Mark stole my necklace and hurt the dog," I said looking back at her.

"I will kill him!" she yelled running passed Arthur who was busy trying to hold me back. She raced down the street. She would get it back and the dog!

"Get in the car!" Arthur said shoving me in the backseat of his car having decided to drive me back to the shop two streets away. As we drove by the end of the street I saw Mary rummaging in neighbours gardens looking for my necklace as others helped. Piers and Gerard had Mark on his feet and restrained. Coco was stood barking like mad. She seemed fine. Arthur pulled up and yelled to say we were going to the shop. The car door opened and Edward got in beside me. I immediately burst into tear "He kicked Coco," I sobbed as he pulled me into his arms and Arthur sped off.

"That is one hell of a punch you threw there Edward," Arthur said. I was crying too much to ask what punch.

We arrived at the shop. Bet came running into the kitchen to see what happened as I hurried upstairs so the customers didn't see me crying, still in my underwear, hung over and battle weary.

"Sit down," Arthur said as Edward looked around assessing the damage in the front room. It was obvious now where the fight had started. He looked furious.

"I'm sorry," I said to him. "I tried to stop him taking the necklace."

"Shhh don't worry about that now," Arthur said as he started to assess my injuries and Edward disappeared.

"I made a show of myself in the street," I cried as I realised what I had just done.

"You defended yourself," Arthur said.

"I didn't. I attacked him to get my necklace back," I admitted.

"What necklace?" Arthur asked.

"Edward gave me it for my birthday," I cried. "That was 'Edward and my heart' on that necklace..."

"Shhh I'm sure Mary will find it she is like a magpie, she can find any jewellery no matter where you hide it," he said making me smile through my tears.

"He takes everything from me all the time. I don't care if he wants this place. He can have it!"

"No he can't!" Arthur replied.

"When Edward gave me that necklace I felt so special and I finally had something that he could never take away from me but he came and took it," I sobbed.

"Mary will find it," Arthur promised.

I looked up as Edward arrived back with a bowl of water and a cloth.

"Are you angry with me?" I asked him worried that he was just staying to be polite but really wanted to run to his boat and get away from all the drama.

"Of course not," he said kneeling down beside me and stroking my face gently. "I'm angry with the person who did this to your beautiful face," he said. I realised I must look a worse mess than this morning.

"What exactly do you mean when you say he wants this place? Have you been hiding stuff from me again?" Arthur asked annoyed that I had been keeping it from him.

I looked at Edward.

"Here, page 3," Edward said and handed him the letter. "I'm going to deal with it for her." Arthur stood reading it and then flicked to the front and read the entire letter. I sat on the sofa cuddled up to Edward as Arthur swore a few times and I felt bad for hiding it from him.