Chapter 33

Edwards mother arrived to take us shopping. I was determined to walk slowly from the car into the shop without assistance or a wheelchair. I wanted to push myself a little and not feel so dependant on everyone. I felt like such a burden on them all. I was either helpless, in pain, crying or throwing up and I for one was sick of it.

We had waited for my painkillers to take affect before we headed off. Even though Edward tried to hide it he was not happy with me going out. He felt it was too soon. His mother said something to him in French and off we went.

I had noticed the presence of bodyguards with us. They were so eagle eyed it made me nervous. Was someone going to try to blow me up again or shot us in the car? I tried to sing a sing in my head to get rid of the image as Mary rattled to Edwards mother who pointed out the sights again and taught her some phrases to use for when she wanted to purchase something.

I took a few breaths to steady my nerves. I was only away from Edward for few minutes and I wanted to go back. The minute my mind pictured turning the car around, the more I wanted it.

"Thia is meeting us there," Edwards mother said snapping my attention back to them. I managed a weak smile.

"Is she bringing the kids?" Mary asked.

"No, they are with her parents for the day. There are learning to swimming, we start children young here," she said nodding to the boats out on the water. "Are you ok Victoria, you look very pale?"

I nodded but inside I wanted to beg her to call Edward so I could speak to him.

"Do you want me to ring Edward and see how he is coping without you for five minutes?" she teased.

I nodded.

"Are you ok love?" Mary asked squeezing my hand.

I burst into tears.

"Hey come on now, what's with all these tears," she hugged me gently.

"Do you want us to turn around?" his mother asked.

I nodded.

"It's ok," Mary said as Edward mother spoke in French to the driver and then into her phone.

No matter how tight I closed my eyes and tried to cover my face with my one working hand, I couldn't escape the feeling that any minute we could be blown up or get stuck at some traffic lights and shot to death.

"Try to calm down sweetheart," Mary said as I began hyperventilating and felt faint.

"I...can't... breathe," I sobbed.

"We are taking you home," Edwards mother said trying to help but I couldn't concentrate I felt like I was dying. I couldn't breathe, I was passing out... if I passed out I would die!

"Calm down, deep breaths... one, two, three. Come one," Mary said but I couldn't even manage one breath.

"Victoria listen, Edward wants to talk to you," his mother said pressing her phone to speaker.

"I'm waiting for you. You are nearly here. I can see the car," Edward said calmly.

"I..." was all I could manage to reply.

"I can hear the car now. Look out of the window and you will see me."

I was too scared. What if someone shot me whilst I was looking out! What if I waved and the car blew up just as I pulled up to him! I had seen things like that in movies.

We pulled back up at the villa. One of the guards opened the car door and helped me out. Edward was waiting; I was a complete mess as I fell into his arm. Hyperventilating and struggling to walk with a heavy cast whilst still sobbing.