Chapter 39

My sight tunneled in onto their hands and I tried to monitor my heartbeat because I know the slightest irregular rhythm will give me off.

When I raised my eyes, I met Kiara's twinkling ones. She was plastering a smile on her face and I think it was supposed to be a kind one but knowing how much of a snake she was, I saw through to the malice she was masking behind that smile. She was happy seeing me like this.

I heard the heartbeat monitor speed up as I breathed out hard. I brought the kids that were sitting by my sides closer to me as I glared at Adam in betrayal. How dare he bring that bitch into this room.

Adam seemed unfazed by my glares and continued to lead Kiara and himself closer to my hospital bed. I hugged the kids tighter to my side and I saw Maddison holding Preston's arm.

I narrowed my eyes at Adam when he didn't stop walking towards me and when I felt like he's reached the borders of my personal space, which was 5 meters from the hospital bed, I snapped at him to stop.

"Keep your bitch away from me or I will not be accounted for what I will do to her if she's within my arms reach." I growled at Adam and Preston was between us in a flash although his face was red and his hands were in fists, clearly as upset as I was with his little brother.

I heard Adam snort, "You're on a hospital bed, Case, what do you think can you do?" Adam mocked. I scoffed at him, the nerve of this asshole.

"Case, I don't like her," Cali whispered to me but it wasn't low enough that Kiara didn't hear it and I could see Kiara's narrowed eyes at Cali and I immediately snapped.

"Bitch, keep your shit eyes elsewhere. If you dare glare at her again, I will cut you in pieces and feed you to my grandparents' piranhas." Kiara immediately casted me an ugly look and rolled her eyes.

"Bite me," Kiara bit out quietly.

"Trust me, I'll sharpen my canines just to have the satisfaction of using them to tear you piece by piece." I gritted out, making sure to press the kids head onto my shoulders with my hands covering their ears so they wouldn't have to hear what we're saying.

"That is enough, Case!" Adam scolded with annoyance. "I won't let some jealous girl step on my girlfriend like that."

"Jealous?" I hissed menacingly. Oh he did not.

"Yes, jealous!" Adam exclaimed in exasperation.

"Why the hell would I be jealous?! She's dating a nincompoop!" I yelled at him, ignoring the frantic beeping of the heart monitor as I breathed heavily. "How are you so blind, Adam? Everyone else can see the witch that she is except for you. How could you trust her over your own flesh and blood?" I questioned in bewilderment.

"Because I know for a fact that they only think so since you told them so. They're blinded by you," Adam accused. I could see now that Preston's shoulders were shaking now but it was Jerry that spoke only behalf.

"Just go Adam, bring Kiara somewhere else. We're here for Casey, if you're only going to try rile her up then it's best that you leave." Jerry sighed out in defeat but I could see that Adam was having none of it.

"How are you defending her over your own son?! How could you be so blind?!" Adam yelled at his father. I could feel my face turning red at how much disrespect he was showing Jerry but it was Preston who stepped in.

"Casey is in this hospital room because of you, you asshole! The least you could do is trust her! She risked her life to keep all of us safe! Your distrust shook her focus and almost cost her life. Why don't you think about that next time you want to accuse her for being a liar?"