Chapter 14

The next day I woke up blurry eyed but the soreness in my body was no longer present which was a relief. Maybe I was finally getting used to all of this training and sleeping on the floor afterwards.

Although remembering what happened yesterday aroused a lot of questions in my head, I decided to procrastinate a bit, not quite wanting to know the answers to those questions just yet. At least not this early in the morning. Procrastination is a human's best friend after all.

I quickly freshened up, knowing Mr. Huang was probably already up and in the kitchen, preparing something organic to eat. The second I step foot into town, I'll be hunting down some meat for myself.

These healthy foods are driving me crazy, I need some serious fattening junk food in my system. It'll do me some good after all of the weird things going on.

I walked in the pace of a sloth to the kitchen after my shower. I don't know when they'll be knocking at out door but they did say it will be noon so we have some extra time. That is, assuming that Mr. Huang didn't plan anymore training for today. I guess we'll find out.

I pulled out one of the stool and sat on it, watching Mr. Huang cook us up some breakfast in his tank and man shorts.

"Wo zhi dao ni you xu duo wen ti dan shi wo men xian chi ba." (I know you have a lot of questions but let's eat first.)

I didn't bother answering and simply waited for him to finish up his cooking. I was starving anyways so I wasn't about to decline that offer. It might not be greasy pizza but it's edible food nonetheless and my stomach's been grumbling since I woke up.

Silence covered us during breakfast. I was there, barely holding up with all the questions that seemed to be giving birth to other questions in my head while Mr. Huang enjoyed his breakfast. I didn't know where to start with all these questions and I'm not entirely sure that I want to know the answers to them.

When I gulped down the last drop of water from my mug, I gathered the plates and did the dishes and that was when Mr. Huang decided to start talking.

"Your brother fought Klovski during one of his visits here. He's not a good man, very competitive and cunning. Under no circumstances should you trust a man like that. One of the most important things you should remember, Xiao Fu. Don't trust men who sweet talks their way out of things."

I listened quietly while I continued to apply soap to the dishes and rubbed them in circular motions, trying to absorb every detail I can about this Klovski dude.

"Every time rumor goes around that I have someone looking for me to study the martial arts, somehow, he'll get wind of these news and pay a visit. None have been pleasant so far. In case you were wondering, I did notice his arrival when he came around and yes, I purposely tried to fool them in thinking I was you." I snorted, he should consider being an actor or maybe that Klovski dude needs to consider getting prescriptions.

"You really do want to get rid of me, don't you?" I joked about and he let out a deep laugh. I continued my chore and turned the tap on to rinse the soap covered plates.

"I had to test your skills at some point and why not then. I knew you were more than capable and since Klovski was more or less an idiot, I was pretty confident you'd be alright and I was right!" I shook my head with a small smile.

"How confident is 'pretty confident' from 1-10?"

"An 8 maybe?" I rolled my eyes, handing the plates under the tap one by one.

"That's not very reassuring, now is it." I argued.

"Well, to console your offended feelings, you brother beat every apprentice Klovski brought here and since you are your brother's sister, I believe it runs in the genes; just like how fast-learning runs in your family." He stated in a matter-of-fact tone.