27 - Intoxicated With The Truth

Start from the beginning

Link watched his movements with dead eyes, worried about the older male's general health. "... Anyway. Chester started this whole resistance thing when I threw her out of the penthouse. She kept asking me for money and kept acting like a Barbie doll. I got sick of her behaviour quickly... Too quickly, one could say. She stayed with me for two months before I kicked her out in the middle of the night. She started being a total hypocrite, bringing people into her shelter and then kicking them out. She's always been angry at me and she's always been trying to get back at me... Problem is, she's a dumb bitch. When she stabbed me, I knew I could get off easily. If she wanted me dead, she would have shot me in the head... But she's too scared to pull the trigger-" Vulture cut himself off when his legs gave in and he dropped to the floor. "J-Jeez, are you okay?" Link turned to him quickly, trying to tend to his weak state.

"Y-Yeah... M'fine." Vulture stumbled to his feet and clutched his shoulder. "... I don't think the bandages were tight enough around the stab wound." He grunted. "T-Then we need to get you to a hospital!" Link choked out worriedly. "Link, we don't have the time to rush to and from the hospital for one stab wound. I'll live." Vulture rolled his eyes. "S-Sean, this isn't the time to be stubborn-!" "Link." He glared at the teen angrily. "Look, we can sort it out when we're in Chicago." "... Chicago?" Link looked up anxiously. "... Well, we're not staying in New York."

"... V-Vulture, I don't even have a passport-" "Then we'll get you one. Just come on. Red is waiting for us at the apartment."

"W-Who's Red?"

Vulture sighed.

"Well, what did you expect? You guys have a shit ton of stuff!" Red groaned as Vulture complained about only a few crates being full. "How are we getting Ivory to Chicago?" Link asked quietly, interrupting the loud argument between the gang leader and his colleague. Red turned to Link and smiled. "Well, I'll be driving you guys to the airport in my truck. I'll be bringing your suitcases and Ivory. From there onwards, I'll be driving to Chicago with some of your stuff and the cat. The rest of it will be in a moving truck along with this asshole's motorcycle." Red gestured to Vulture with a roll of her eyes. "... B-But isn't the driving journey over ten hours?" The teen asked worriedly. "Approximately twelve hours or just over." The tall female sighed with her hands on her hips. "What about the car?" Vulture questioned with his hands in his pockets. "I paid a colleague to bring it to your new accommodation. You'll be staying in a private area."

Link seemed to be gaining more confusion by the second. "... P-Private area?"

"It's just a really fuckin' big neighbourhood full of nice houses. It's better to have a spacious area than one that looks like a prison." Red's thumb flung over her shoulder as she gestured to the penthouse view behind her. "... So we have neighbours?" Vulture grunted. "Nobody said you had to get along with them. Besides, it was the only spacious neighbourhood near the main city... Thinking about it now, it's at least a five-minute drive to get from each house. I think you'll be fine." Red shook her head with a wave of her hand.

"... I-I don't... W-Wait, why am I coming with you?" Link turned to Vulture. "I'm not going to leave you here, am I?" Vulture turned to Link with a chuckle. "... N-No, I just mean... W-Well-" The younger male cut himself off when the gang leader tied an arm around his waist and pulled him close. "You'll be fine." He whispered. "Ivory doesn't freak out over being in cages, right?" Red asked as she walked over to another crate to close it and tape it up. "Don't put him in a cage unless he has toys in there. When you're in the car, give him free range and keep the cage door open. He won't leave but he might want to eat something... Will you be taking stops?" Vulture asked, strolling over to the hard-working female.

"Of course I'll be taking stops! It's a twelve-hour drive!" Red groaned. "Good. Ivory will start meowing if he needs to use his litter tray. You might want to keep one in the lower compartment." Link watched as Vulture began to help Red in packing up most of the items. "Yeah, yeah, got it... Do you have cash on you or will you get it out at the airport? Since you said you'd be buying your tickets there instead of online... Are you purchasing first class tickets or coach tickets?" "God, you ask a lot of questions... Look, it'll be fine. I'll get out money... I'm not sitting by strangers either... We'll be flying in first class if there are seats... Otherwise, business class. They're almost the same thing..."

He felt his body tighten at the sight of Vulture's hand on the waist of the female. The sound of Red's and Vulture's voices began to blur out, becoming muffled and incomprehensible. "... Sean." Link whispered softly, leaning against the nearest wall as black mist clouded his vision.

"Li...? Link?" He tried to make out the sound of Red calling to him, worried. Within seconds of her distraught and discomfort for the younger male's health, Vulture ran over. As he took hold of Link's hand, the teen passed out and fell into his touch. "L-Link!" Vulture shook him by his shoulders. "Red, get an ice pack and a glass of water from the kitchen. I'll go and lay Link down... Might need to wake him up with something."

Red sniggered. "With true love's kiss?" "Fuck off." Vulture snarled and lifted up Link to carry him into the master bedroom. As he kicked open the door, Link regained consciousness. "... S-Sorry, did I pass out for a second...?" He apologised softly as Vulture lay him on the bed. "... Don't apologise for passing out... You can't help it... Are you alright? Light-headed at all?" Link was a little surprised by how much care he was being provided with by such a scary person that had murdered someone on the same morning.

"... I-I'm fine." He shook his head, the thought of Vulture touching Red with the intention of lust and intimacy plaguing his mind. Vulture noticed the teen's stubbornness quickly and he sighed. He stood up and walked over to the door to close it and lock it. "... W-What about Red?" Link asked anxiously.

"You want her in here?" "... W-Well, no... B-But... N-No, wait-" He cut himself off when the gang leader approached him quickly to grab his wrists and pin him down to the bed. "... You're jealous of her... Why...?" Vulture whispered, his breath rolling over Link's lips and the younger male inhaled those breaths like they were rationed drugs.

"... B-Because you were touching her in ways that I want you to touch me in..."

"... Are you sure you don't want me to touch you like this...?" The gang leader smirked, pushing his hand against Link's crotch. "... Now, you wouldn't be happy if I touched Red like this... Would you?" "N-No." Link shook his head with bright red cheeks.

"Or like this..."

"S-Sean-!"