4

Again I got the feeling that I was flying, and the ground just looked like a green blur underneath me. Then at that point gravity decided to make itself known and I crashed through the branches of a tree. The impact made my teeth vibrate and several of my fingers snapped like a twig, the nerves there screaming in absolute agony as they bent in a way they weren't made to bend. I caught myself as I crashed through the many branches hands scraping against lower one as I dropped onto the grassy area that was Central Park.The lizard was fanning it’s heads around looking for me. The middle one spewed green goo out of it's massive mouth and people began to get out of their cars and started running like hell.  I couldn't fault them for that as I was thinking this was like Godzilla with three heads, one that was throwing up all over everything. Maybe he'd eaten something bad. I abandoned that grss thought when I saw head on the right as it snapped around towards the park and a wave of fire came out of its mouth.

I tipped backwards in reaction to the heat that caught on the grass a few inches from the tree I’d landed in as well as the bushes and all that crap as it glazed down into burned bits from that monster BQQ. I fell back onto my already brusied tailbone, though I didn't feel the pain, one of the good things about adreinline I guess, you forget how beat up your body is while you're running for your life. I couldn't feel any of my injuries which I'm sure where many, I only wanted to get as far away from that thing as I could. I knew it was looking for me, but looking for me in a crowd full of humans had to be harder than if I was just alone.

I sped out into the street cars honking loudly  at the crazy teenager they saw sprinting in front of them. How they hadn't noticed the other abandoned cars and monster yet was beyond me.  Thoughof people already had noticed because a whole lot of cars were already scattered around the street. ditched by their owners, some half melted and burned with fire, others covered with that green stuff.  I was dimly aware of people screaming in terror all around me, but I was more aware of one voice, Mom’s voice; calling out my name again and again.

“XANDER! XANDER WHERE ARE YOU!?” she screamed as she stumbled through the cars and screaming people. Her voice was the only thing I could hear as I ran, it grabbed my heart and tore it into bits. Even now when a giant monster was ripping apart NYC she still was more worried about me than herself.

“I’M FINE!” I shouted towards her knowing she heard me as her eyes locked on me. “GET OUT OF HERE! IT WANTS ME!" Just said the words left my thought all three heads turned on me. Ah shit. As those angry red eyes zeroed in on me I did the only logical thing I could. I turned away and ran as fast as my feet could carry me. A loud roar sounded like the sound of a car crash, and I started looking around left and right looking for something to get this thing off my back; I've got to find a way to kill it. That in mind everything around me dimmed, the shouts and screams of people all running for their lives, the pain in my body, just that I needed to find something, anything I could use as a weapon.

The lizard thing roared again behind me and I dared to glance back. Big mistake.  The thing was on my tail and its right head roared out a sheet of orange fire that I am sure was hotter than the sun.  I dove down onto the asphalt like I was sliding into home  base, the wave of fire rushed over my head hot enough for me to feel as though I’m getting a second degree burn.  The fire stopped in a second and I scrambled up again as the ground shook like I was in Jurassic Park. I have to think of a way to get this thing away from me. I thought as one of its heads knocked over a lamppost. The heavy object crashed to the ground, glass fragments exploding out onto the street like grenade shrapnel. I skidded to halt, glass tear through my hands and face as I fell onto the road.

I’ve gotta think of something! I thought as I rushed back to my feet  glass and road scraping  deeper into my hands. And fast! I added as an afterthought when that thing’s roar mixed with the screams of terrified onlookers yet again. The streets were cluttered with abandoned cars and  gods knew how many people were running against the flow of traffic which added to the noisy chaos with New York drivers and honking horns and crookedly parked cars.The right head reared back roaring out a length of fire the same length as the average train.  Fire….hmmm, a crazy, incredibly stupid, and desperate idea forms in my mind and I scramble up to the nearest car and open the hood and unscrew the lid of the gas tank. I stand my ground next to it and cup my hands around my mouth. “HEY UGLY!”  All three equally ugly heads turned towards me and I waved, “Your mother was a salamander!” I suppressed a smile as a right head reared back, no doubt ready to BBQ it's meal.  A sheet of fire raced at me and  I dove out and away as far as I could while the car exploded in a fiery starburst.

I stood up a few feet away my hands and arms scrapped all to hell, and my hair signed and smelling like charcoal.  Past the black-orange cloud of fire and the whoosh of smoke I heard another roar like the sound of someone ripping metal in half. It thrashed out, spewing fire, some green goo all over the place. It spattered against metal and road melting it down, the green stuff eating at everything like acid. Which I then realized, it probaly wasy, Then it’s beady red eyes focused on me.

Ah shit! I didn’t hurt the damn thing I just made it mad!