2.04

"Brendon, we trust Bella and her dads but we don't trust you." His dad yelled at him.

"Dad, really?" He felt his grip of edge of his chair tighten.

"Bren, we already said yes. I'm not changing my mind and neither is your mother. We're just saying we don't want you to go around and act like white trash." He snapped, throwing the newspaper down onto the table as he spoke.

"Boyd, we don't even know when this tour is." Grace, Brendon's mom, spoke up. It hadn't hit her until now, 3 days after Brendon first asked 'can I go on tour with Bella?', that she didn't even know when it was taking place.

"It starts in April and it'll be over by August, mom." Brendon answered. He'd slightly calmed down, now that he realized that his parents were actually letting him go.

"Oh..." Brendon's mom looked over at her husband. He nodded, knowing exactly what she didn't have the heart to tell their son.

"I think it's best you don't go." He began. "Or at least wait until the end of the school year. We can't let you miss finals and all of your classes- it's just not a smart decision." He stared at Grace, dumbfounded at what he'd just informed his son.

"Dad! That's not fair! You promised I could go. What the hell?" Brendon kicked the table and pouted like a literal 2 year old.

"Brendon." His mom sat down in a chair at the kitchen table to try and get on a level playing field with her beloved son. "You can go. Just not right now. Wait a little and we'll fly you out to whatever state they're in. We promised, and your father and I are planning on keeping our promise, but not now."

"Okay but you guys said I could go the whole tour and how do you expect to not break your promise if I don't go on the whole thing?" He shouted while stomping his foot. All the screaming and fighting was arousing suspicion in his older siblings from their upper floor bedrooms.

"Brendon, we get Bella is your best friend, but schoolwork comes first and you're not doing too well in a lot of classes." His mom took a deep breath before continuing. "Not to mention tour starts next month so they'll be no way for you to even pick your grades up by the time it starts."

"Whatever happened to family first?" His face was red with anger and his throat was itching from all the screaming he was doing.

"We're your family." His dad chimed in, clearly unhappy about this whole situation.

"So is she." He snapped back before grabbing his hoodie off the back of his chair and stomping out the door.

_____
A/n:
Thank you so much for 1K reads. I love you all with my whole entire being. Have a happy international women's day!