1.04

"Bella, what's your problem? You're going to school today. You missed school yesterday because of some rain. You- No, you're going."

"Why? You and dad are staying home from work!" She yelled back at him.

"I don't care! Young lady, you're going and that's final!"

Let's just say that it was very unlike Josh to say something like this. He was still mad about how Tyler allowed Brendon to stay over yesterday even though nobody else was home. And now he was taking it out on his daughter.

"Josh, take it easy man."

"It's fine dad. I'll go. Whatever." Bella let out in a bit of a sarcastic tone as she headed back up to her room and slammed the door at 6:21 AM. She flopped onto the bed and looked over at her phone next to her. It suddenly lit up raveling multiple snapchats from different people she was acquainted with and about forty million texts from Brendon asking where she was and what time she was coming over so they could walk together.

Bella sighed and sat up. She didn't have to leave her house yet. Not yet.

"Dad." She nearly whispered as she crept out of her room and into the one next door. She stared at Tyler.

Tyler laughed at the girl's hesitations.

"Hunny, I dont bite." Tyler laughed and went to hug the girl, but she pulled away, not wanting any human compassion at the moment because she feared that whoever it was from was going to hurt her at some point.

"I know." She smiled at him. Or at least tried to. "Can you drive me to Brendon's house so we can walk together?"

"Yea. Why though? It's so beautiful out." Tyler went over to a window above his bed and peeked out of it.

"I-I... Brendon says he w-wants me to be more careful." No. She was afraid of the girls now.

"Okay. He's a nice boy, Belle, but I don't think he's too, Clean. You kn-"

"DAD!" Bella yelled, laughing now.

Oh thank god she's laughing Tyler thought as he sighed and walked a little closer to his babygirl. She backed up, but soon realized he already put his little arms around her waist and hugged her tightly.

"Come on let's go." He said as he broke away from the embrace and started making his way out of the bedroom.

They both walked down the stairs, Bella following Tyler, and they started to put on their shoes as Josh came in.

Wonderful. Bella and Tyler thought at the same time. Both for different reasons.

"Ty, where ya guys going?" Josh asked as him and his cup of coffee made their way to the open living room and onto the couch.

"Just dropping Bella at school." He replied as he reminded himself that Josh was a little bit done with Bren. "See you in like ten." He smiled to himself as he shut the door.

"Dad." Bella's voice was quite and shaky.

"Yep?" He popped his p. He kept the huge smile on his face. He just kept being happy.

"How come you lied to dad."

"D-It's alright, baby." He closed his eyes and leaned into the small wind that was present. Bella watched. A little sadness creeping across her as she did.

'He stays home from work this time
He never really told his wife
He never really told a lie
But this time he decides that it's alright
It's alright
No one knows his mind
And no one really knows behind his eyes
The man deserves a medal
But he's never really won a prize before'