4.05

* play song when you see this (~) *

                     "Alrighty everybody!" Brendon Urie yelled into the microphone as he smiled and walked around on the stage a bit to calm himself down. Adrenaline was coursing strongly through his body yet again and his hands were shaking (and sweating), rapidly. "I'm gonna sing a song today that my friend Ryan helped me write. Yeah, I used to hate his guts but now he's cool, I guess." The crowd laughed loudly making Brendon do just the same.

Tyler and Josh shared a nervous look. Something fishy was going on. They could practically smell it. As far as they knew, northern downpour was still the only song Brendon had. 

"Anyway this one's called The only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Conference. Um... I-I hope you like it. So. Here we go?"

So Brendon being the sneaking little bitch he was, gave the sound guy a sample of one of Ryan's friends playing the drums that they wanted to go with this song without Tyler or Josh even knowing. Obviously, the beyond-high sound guy agreed to play it for the boy with a smile and a roll back of the eyes. Also a concerning gurgling noise. (Which Brendon just laughed at uncontrollably.)

Bella just thought that her dads had planned this whole thing with her boyfriend at one of their seemingly never ending practices. ~

"Sight tight, I'm gonna need you to keep time come on, just snap, snap, snap your fingers for me. Good, good, now you're making some progress come on, just tap, tap, tap your toes to the beat!"

Playing on his little guitar and singing his heart out, Brendon felt alive again. And the crowd was getting into it too, despite not knowing that half the song was about how none of them knew that Tyler was a big, dumb, stupid, lier.

"And I believe, this may call for a proper introduction and well, don't you see? I'm the narrator and this is just the prologue."

He held the e out as long as he could. As long as Ryan probably would've wanted him to.

The truth was that the boys wrote the song over a series of a week and some text messages. The only reason Brendon even had the cd with the drumming on it for the sound guy in the first place was because Ryan shipped it to him in the express mail the night before. Brendon literally didn't have even the slightest second to listen to it before he handed it over.

But the one time Brendon and Ryan Skyped, they showed each other how they wanted the song. They worked out all the kinks together and then laughed at the work kink.

"Swear to shake it up if you swear to listen. Oh we're still so young, desperate for attention. I aim to be your eyes, trophy boys, trophy wives."

His face went red when he smiled widely into the crowd, sneaking in a laugh due to how giddy he was. He was making these people enjoy themselves tonight.

"Swear to shake it up if you swear to listen. Oh we're still so young, desperate for attention. I aim to be your eyes, trophy boys, trophy wives."

He shook his head back forth like Tyler liked to.

"Applause, applause. No wait, wait. Dear studio audience, I've an announcement to make. It seems the artists these days are not who you think. So we'll pick back up on that on another page."