Chapter 8

I visited Lana on Monday and at about 3 o'clock i went back home, not wanting to spend my time watching Netflix all day till Augustin got home i decided to go to the beach.

I watched the sun set knowing it was well past 6 o' clock, i drove back home expecting to see Augustin home.But he wasn't i decided not to make a big fuss like i did last time,
so i waited...
And waited...
And waited...

It was now past 12 o'clock and i thought it might be appropriate to start panicking, but just as i was about to call his mother's number the front door unlocked and in came an Augustin drenched in blood.Whide eyed i stood in the living room fearing the worst.He glanced at me then hurried to the bathroom.

I stood there for a moment before entering the bathroom without nocking.
"Are you hurt?"i asked standing by the bathroom door.
Augustin stood by the sink washing his hands up to his elbows.
He just nodded ' no'
"...Who's blood is that?"
He didn't answer"i thought you'd be in bed by now." he said calmly
I looked at him in disbelief.

Is he lying to me, maybe he is hurt! Maybe he just doesnt want me to worry...But maybe he...hurt some one else.
I remember that day when i followed him to that storage house, with the beaten man on the floor.
Is Augustin capable of someting like that?

I exited the bathroom and grabbed the car keys as i left the house.I really wasn't going to sleep there and act like Augustin didn't just enter the house covered with blood.And i wouldn't be getting any answeres from him either, not in this state.
I hope that he didn't hurt or kill anyone, but deep down i know he did, there's no other explanation, unless he decided to do surgery and forgot to wear a cloke.

I found a hotel nearby and am now sleeping in room 47 for tonight.I stayed up till about 2, before i completely shut down.

***

I woke up at 8 and drove back home, i contemplated on wether i should just leave or give him a chance to explain.
I left my phone at home so i drove fast and got home in 15 minutes.

When i walked in Augustin walked towards me and hugged me.I skwurmed trying to get out of his hold, remembering him being covered in blood.I felt dirty.
" why'd you leave?" he asked taking a step back
"You ignored my question." i stated bluntly.
"That's no reason to l-"
"Did you kill someone?" i cut him off
"...No" he said
"It wasn't your blood, so who's was it and how dit you get so much on you?"
" i was helping.." his eyes dweled to the floor.
"helping to kill someone!?!" my voice cracked.
" No dammit.Some one got hurt and i helped him to the hospital, it was a bullet wound."he added

Do i believe him?

"...Did you kill that police officer?"
He looked at me wide eyed.
" What are you-"
"An officer was killed a few nights ago, the one that pulled us over, you were strangely upset for some one who just got a ticket.When i was at Lana's, he was on the news.Killed the same night he pulled us over.At the same place."
"That doesn't mean that i-"
"I found a gun in your car this morning!Why do you have a gun?!"
"Calm down-"
"Dont tell me to calm down, you kill people and you're telling me to calm down! You phycotic
murderer!!"
I was about to storm out when Augustin grabbed me by my upper arm.
I glared at him as i turned to face him.
"Sit" he grumbled and i tried to claw his hand off of my arm, but it wouldn't budge.
He pulled me to the sofa and sat me down.
After a moment he spoke.
"I killed no one!"
He was standing right infront of me so i sat back and waited for him to continue, but he didn't.

I started to stand up and leave since he was clearly finished talking, but he pushed me back down.I looked at him surprised then it turned to anger.I tried again only to be shoved down again.
"Let me go!!" i screamed as he held my shoulders to the back of the sofa when i tried to escape for the fourth time.
" You're not leaving." he stated
I clawed at his hands and arms, before i tried to reach for his face.But it was all in vain, my arms were to short.I was now kicking and slapping and screaming.
He got tired of holding me down so he grabbed a fist full of my beautiful locks and walked to the bedroom.

I tried to loosen his grip, but it only tightened.At that moment i realised that Augustin wasn't as sweet and harmless as I'd thought.

I was harshly thrown onto the bedroom floor as Augustin locked the door begind him and turned to me.
All i did was stare at him and he stared back.
"I have something to tell you."he stated.
"You're damn right"i mumbled
He glared at me then walked untill he was standing infront of me.
"I'm not who you think i am."
"Clearly."i stated
He once again glared at me.
"I don't work at a bar and i-... I'm dangerous...I'm in the mafia." He said bearly audible.
I was shocked for a moment untill i burst out laughing.
"Right."i chuckled "And im guessing Lana is in on this too." It must have been her idea to play such a joke on me.
"You got me." I said loudly expecting Lana to jump out of the closet.
"This isn't a joke, (y/n)."

I looked at him.No hint of a joke was visible on his face.
"No..." i gasped."You- you're a- you lied to me."
I stood up and backed away from him.
"I was willing to change."
"Then why didn't you?!"
"If i left ,i wouldn't have any security that you would be safe."
"You've killed..."
"(Y/n)"Augustin said as he moved closer.
"No!Don't come near me!"i said loudly.

He left the room.And my mind was racing.