"Hey." Was all I got to say before he pulled my faced to his and kissed me, Josh was leaning over me so I tugged at his shirt bringing him closer to me. He ran his hands down my body and stopped at the hips.

I had to break the kiss to get some air, I could hear my heart beating fast, and I'm pretty sure Josh could to because of the machine in the corner of the room that measured my heart beats.

"Hi." he said climbing into the bed, he pressed his forehead against mine, and put one hand on my cheek.

"Eliana," he whispered "What happened?"

I stared at him wondering how he would take the news, "When you left me, I saw Mark he was walking towards me and I-"

Josh had jumped off the bed he fists where clenched and his jaw was tight, "Mark was there." he growled.

He looked like he wanted to punch something, actually scratch that, he looked like he wanted to ripped the life out of every living thing.

Once he'd calmed down he spoke, "did he say anything to you?"

"No I passed out before he had the chance."

Josh walked closer to me and gently took my hand "Eliana, he could've taken you." he said, his voice breaking at the end.

"Yeah I know Josh but he didn't." I told him.

Josh frowned "that's not the point, What if he next time he does."

"That won't happen."

"You're right, it won't because I'm going to make sure that I'm at your side till this is all over." said Josh.

"What about when I'm with my family at home sleeping, you can't protect me then." I pointed out.

"Yes I can, you'll be with me in my house." he told me.

"Josh!" I exclaimed "I can't just leave my mother and sister and let him get them."

"Yes you can because it's not them he wants it's you."

"They'll still be in danger, Josh I can't do that to them!"  I remarked.

"Don't worry I'll have a few of my boy's watching them Eliana they'll be fine." Josh said trying to calm me.

"A few of your boy's? Marks men will have guns Josh and they won't be 17 year old boys looking for a fight."

"Who said my boy's won't have guns? And I know a lot of people who owe me favours they'll be skilled Elena and they won't be '17 year old boys'." he explained.

"Even if you do get them to help you, my mom will never let me move in with you."

"Sometimes you have to hurt the ones you love, even if you are trying to protect them."

"You want me to tell her I don't want to live with her!"

Josh sighed, "Tell her something personal but also somewhat true so that she believe you, if you hurt her she won't come looking for you it's the only way."

I bit my lip, "Okay if it'll keep her safe."

After spending several more hours in the hospital, they said I was free to leave. I was sitting on the couch nervously twiddling my finger waiting for mom to come home so that I could tell her I'd decided to live with Josh.

Josh lent against the wall opposite me and looked completely calmed. As if I, at seventeen, wasn't going to tell my mom that I was moving in with my boyfriend of 3 months, who she hates.

Twelve O'clock was when I finally heard my mum's car pull in, Josh had already left the room and was currently upstairs packing my bags, whatever happened I would be moving in with Josh, I just needed to tell my mum why. Or in my case lie about it.

The door opened and my mum looked shocked to see me, "Eliana what are you doing awake?"

I gave her a shy smile, "Mum I need to talk to you."

"Eliana whatever it is, it's going to have to wait until the morning."

"No Mum, I need to talk to you now." I replied.

Hearing the seriousness in my voice my mum walked over and sat on the couch next to me,"What is it."

I needed to be firm, I thought, blunt.

"I'm moving out."

"Eliana save the jokes for later please." Mum said.

"I'm not joking Mum I'm moving out today."

"What are talking about Eliana!" her voice rose. "You're not going anywhere."

"I am mom I'm leaving today, my bags are packed." I explained.

"Where will you go then?" she shouted

"I'll live with Josh." I told her.

My mom shot out of her seat a looked at me. "JOSH, JOSH RYDER?"

"Yes mum Josh."

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH HIM." she screamed

"I am , I hate this house I can't stand it, I hate Jimmy and if you try and stop me I'll hate you."

There were tears in mum's eyes, I couldn't stay in the room anymore so I ran outside the second I was outside I burst into tears, I had just made my mum cry, What kind of daughter was I?

Josh emerged from the corner of my house holding a suit case and two duffel bags. When he saw me crying he ran towards me and held me.

"I'm a terrible daughter." I cried into his shoulder.

Josh shook his head fiercely, "no your doing this for their own protection, you not a terrible daughter at all."

Once I had finished crying I looked up at Josh, "How'd you get out without my mum seeing you?"

He smirked at me "Jumped out the window, the bags saved me from the fall.

I hit him lightly "You're crazy."

Josh smiled, "Come on let's go." he said taking my hand and leading me to his car.

"When did you get this?" I asked, I knew nothing about cars but this one looked expensive.

"Oh I borrowed it from someone." Josh said.

"Do they know you borrowed it." I questioned getting in the car.

"Probably not." he replied honestly.

Woah, this update is beyond over due, I'm sorry it's just that since schools almost ending I've just had loads of revision to do. But I promise next week's update will be on time :)

If you enjoyed this chapter please vote comment or follow it means a lot to me and it helps me know that people are actually reading this book,

thank you